Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need Peeps? Hobby Lobby Find

I was goofing around in Hobby Lobby and stumbled across these guys....They looked pretty close to 1/24 scale, but I couldn't really tell till I got them home.....Another 40% coupon and $7 and some change, later....Got me some peeps that fit into my Petes.... :D:D :D

011a_zps70ab0e28.jpg

013a_zps95fd4795.jpg

019a_zps9b3baa7b.jpg

022a_zps565f1b2b.jpg

001a_zpsd930ebcc.jpg

004a_zps092734a1.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Cool and for the price, you cant lose!

Just an FYI that many of you may already know, if you want lots of variety, go to a serious model train shop and look at the G scale stuff. That is 1/22.5 to 1/24 scale. Everything people wise (and I do mean everything) is available both painted and unpainted.

The military modelers got some great forums on detailing people. Got a buddy really into it. Talk about OCD when they have forums on how to do tattoos, a tear in a sleeve and making tour patches. :wacko:

THANKS!

It's so funny....I don't think you can really "scale" a person....I've got a buddy that's 7' tall and about 350#....He drives a Ford F-150 and takes up quite a bit of space, if you know what I mean.....If you put a bunch of different "scale" people together, I think you'll just get a pretty realistic croud... :D I know special effects guys use this trick with actual people to create this kind of thing, so they don't have to build as large a set as would, normally, be required....

Edited by kilrathy10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...