Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Charger R/T?

problem with that revell kit is its 50% 70 charger and 50% 69 charger. If theyre going to use this tooling they need to change the taillight panel, add scoops to the doors. Also the interior in that kit is stripped and would need a lot of work to get it stock.

Tailight panel is correct for a base 70, which the diecast represents. It's not an R/T, so it doesn't have the R/T taillight surround trim or door scoops..

Edited by Rob Hall

You also seem to feel the need to protect Revell from any criticism they might incur by releasing a die-cast - based kit. Should we just hope that they'll consider making it with the headlight doors closed, or just be thankful we're getting any '70 Charger at all?

Ever wonder why the guys at Missing Link Resin used Revell's '69 Charger as the basis for their '70?

The best part of the Revell diecast is the grille..I like the engraving and the light covers open (worlds better than the crappy effort from AMT). I have the Missing Link resin kit and an MPC annual, so I really don't need another '70, but a '70 based on the Revell diecast would be fine w/ me.

Edited by Rob Hall

I see it too. B) B) B)

That could just be the current '68-69 kit..the drag version has a hole in the hood, and the fender notch implies it's a '68/69..could be just a coincidence that that body is sitting there. The pic is too fuzzy to tell much..maybe someone can do some hi-res forensic analysis on the photo... ;)

I'd love to have a decent kit of the '70 Charger.

I get the feeling there may be a lot more pent-up demand for a great '70 Charger than Revell realizes, so I hope that body shell in the picture means someone is at least kickin' the idea around.

I'd be ecstatic if they could do it as a base model with R/T options (grille, door scoop covers, etc). Is that feasible?

I mean anyone who's built any revell or amt charger I'm sure secretly wanted to have every year of Charger in scale form on their shelf. I know I do. I dont know the differences between 66 and 67, but having a 67, 68, 69, 70, and 71 is already cool. Plus to have a 72-74 resurface in the plastic world would be cool too. I have a 74 awaiting a rebuild.

Edited by JTalmage

I would like to get at least two. One stock and another pro-touring. Burnt orange with white interior,440 and rallye wheels for the stock.

Also would be nice with a plum crazy. Hopefully it will not come with a molded in vinyl top,and maby this was for the SE versions only?

I dont know the differences between 66 and 67,

1966 has a full console that runs between the ft seats all the way to the front edge of the back seat,,,,1967 it stops right even with the back edge of the ft seats

1966 has turn signal indicators at the very ft of the upper body line mouldings,, 1967 is just the moulding ( no lights )

I can't figure out why many of the '70 Chargers pictured have '69 doors.

Externally the door is the exact same shell.only the 1970 RTs have the door scoop added .

I would really like to see a all new 1970 kit. But for me make the door scoops a glue on piece

1966 has a full console that runs between the ft seats all the way to the front edge of the back seat,,,,1967 it stops right even with the back edge of the ft seats

1966 has turn signal indicators at the very ft of the upper body line mouldings,, 1967 is just the moulding ( no lights )

Externally the door is the exact same shell.only the 1970 RTs have the door scoop added .

I would really like to see a all new 1970 kit. But for me make the door scoops a glue on piece

Thank you sir!! B)

Oh what the hey... 1966 Charger memories. Back in 1966 I was in second grade and I was a car guy even then. Mostly a Matchbox car guy, but those were my resources and I had to go with it!

My father bought a new car in 1966. Of course I went to the dealers to check them out all the way. My first recommendation was that he buy a new Mustang. Ford had done so good a job saturating the country with propaganda, that even a small boy in Dayton, Ohio knew that everyone should buy one. Only issue was that my dad was an army officer and we were subject to moving a lot and only had one family car. So any car he bought would have to serve in that duty, as well as carrying a family of four and all our luggage places at the drop of a hat. So a small car like a Mustang was out of the question. He did tell me his first choice of car was an Avanti, discounted for the same reasons.

Anyway, the reason for this post.... we went to the Dodge dealer and looked at the new Charger. I was very sold on this fastback design since the rear seat folded down and I could lay in the back. I thought that was just dandy, and would work well with our cross country trips. I liked that Charger a whole lot.

But of course my 7 year old voting power was limited, and my father bought a 1966 Pontiac Lemans 2 door hardtop with a 326 and a 4 speed. It was midnight blue, with a white bucket interior and it was a very cool car. That was the only time my dad actually bought a cool car for himself. And it was short lived. He got orders for Izmir, Turkey and after 2.5 years there, we left the Lemans in Izmir. And that's a different story!