Model Cars Magazine Forum

New 1/24 scale car kits by ICM

Junkman

How many Unemployed have one??

I don't get Social Security, SSI, etc.

Mom & Sister do, but not much.

I get a few dollars a week during Grass cutting season!!

Too many places here have closed, No hiring!

I gotta ask, and mind you I earn a living selling model kits, but should buying $40-50 car models really be that high on the priority list in that situation?

But anyway, my company can get you one when they come out, I'll pass along the info when I get more info myself. I think these are still a fair ways out from release.

I have been dreaming for years for reasonable priced full detail 1:24 WW2 kits.. one of my holy grails would be 1:24 half tracks and other AFVs.

Oh man. The world would change for me. That's why I said, I hope they will include some of their trucks. Imagine, a Ford v3000s Maultier.

That Studebaker US6 would be high on my list, too.

That Studebaker US6 would be high on my list, too.

Speaking of... let's just say that ICM does something really nutty, and produces a Bulletnose Stude coupe, or maybe (maybe?) a '37 Coupe Express? (I know there are at least two guys on this thread who'd back me up on that last one being a good idea.)

A hot butty? It's a bread roll, so freshly baked that it's still warm. Cut in half and buttered. You can then add anything you like to make it (e.g.) a bacon butty, a jam butty, whatever.

Thank you Christian. Sounds yummy but somehow now I'm slightly disappointed... :blink:

Speaking of... let's just say that ICM does something really nutty, and produces a Bulletnose Stude coupe, or maybe (maybe?) a '37 Coupe Express? (I know there are at least two guys on this thread who'd back me up on that last one being a good idea.)

I'd second that without a second of hesitation. However, I'd say we can be happy, if ICM will release more of their own 1/35 offerings in 1/24 and they are obvioulsy concentrating on WWII related stuff, although the Opel Admiral is strictly speaking a 1936 vintage car.

For the Bulletnose Stude and Coupe express, I'd appeal to the American kit manufacturers, despite they verociferously refuse to do anything but warm over stuff they have re-released 17 odd times the last three decades an 18th time, because, according to them, nothing whatsoever else will sell. But every time I bring up this subject, I get a beating and no support, which is phenomenon that will never cease to amaze me.

kc7wzl, and anyone else wanting 1/25 (Yes they are 1/25 Not 1/24!) scale WW2 (Or even older & newer) Military vehicles

Look for GPM, Modelik, Fly, Answer Brands. Our European members will find these easier than US members though.

They offer Half tracks, 2 1/2's and More All in 1/25 scale!!

I have an Opel Blitz that can be built as a stake bed or box van Ambulance

Would you like a 1/25 scale copy of Tamiya's Dragon Wagon Tank recovery hauler??

It Is out there.

Warning though, These are PAPER Models. But, Don't let that stop you from looking at them.

They Ar HIGH Parts count, with Interiors, working suspension in many cases, etc.

They just come in Flat booklet form!!

Many of the Tanks have Laser cut tracks as optional add ons.

Whoever makes those, I'll buy at least one or two of each. If they include the parts to build all years of the Coupe Express (1937-'39), yes, I will buy all three to build all three.

I would vastly prefer 1/25 to keep it with my American prototype stuff, but I'm working on a display to show off my 1/24 and 1/25 pre-War stuff together.

Charlie Larkin

I can almost hear the screams of joy if someone would do a styrene 50-51 Studebaker Coupe ..............Besides , this was a "Moonshiners mobile ". Yep, I remember several of em back in the middle 1950's too Oh they ran Cadillac engines them. The Studebaker 6's were just for showroom pieces anyway .

Edited by Eshaver

I can almost hear the screams of joy if someone would do a styrene 50-51 Studebaker Coupe ..............Besides , this was a "Moonshiners mobile ". Yep, I remember several of em back in the middle 1950's too Oh they ran Cadillac engines them. The Studebaker 6's were just for showroom pieces anyway .

That seems like it would be a natural for Moeibus.

Moebius, yes. They should give that Bullet-nose a good hard look.

As for ICM, though, as it's been pointed out, they don't generally know from yanks; they're all about late '30s/early '40s stuff, European and linked to WWII. Besides the odd workhorse truck or two, the Packard's an exception only 'cause it was Stalin's.

And I wouldn't be looking for any Revell USA price points, either; the 1:35 cars are in the $40-$50 range stateside.

But man, are they worth it. The Admiral Sedan I have is so detailed, it can be upsized without anything added and still blow most biscales into the weeds. Outside of the Japanese renaissance in 1/20 F1 kits, Hasegawa's Jeep and Kubelwagen, and those increasingly rare occasions when Tamiya gets serious with a new car model, it's hard not to notice the ever-widening gap between automotive and AFV kits in precision and detail. I've long wondered what would happen if the same design discipline currently used in military subjects were applied to a mainstream automotive subject, and it's ICM that's come closest to answering that question, far as I'm concerned.

Only things I'd ask for are chrome parts and rubber tires, and lo and behold, looks like they're addressing that. Excited about the Admiral and six-wheeler as it is; if the Packard and the "Leader" car cross over, I'll be ecstatic. Maybe a '42 Ford staff sedan would fit in ICM's mandate, and if such a thing ever sees the light of day, watch out. Prob'ly won't sell to the WalMart crowd, but it'll be unlike any preceding model of a Ford from that era.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

I see the politically correct have decreed once again that if we see swastikas on box art we may get carried away and invade Poland.

Ah, don't get me started. Whenever I see a picture of Hitler, I raise my right arm and sign a membership form of the Nazi party.

On a more serious note, I hope at least the decal sheet is - erm - complete.