Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back on the Bench! CBP

Jantrix

Ok, I'll bite. I've got this Monogram '58 T-bird that's been painted and has been stalled and sitting now for way too long. It's time to get 'er on the bench and finish 'er up. This is the perfect build thread to make sure that happens.

31-vi.jpg

30-vi.jpg

29-vi.jpg

Love the paint work on this Greg! I'm very tempted to try something similar on my '62 Buick.

Some great work still going on here folks.

Some work on the Stude.

2011-11-18110216.jpg

2011-11-18111626.jpg

I'll feather the edges of the primer with some 3600 grit tomorrow, rinse and hit it with another light coat of paint. We'll see how it looks.

Edited by Jantrix

If you don't mind, I would like to join in.I don't have a list cause it would probly take up most of this thread.So, I'll just slap one in from time to time after I finish the last one.Is that cool?My first thought that came to mind when I read this thread,The AMT Jaguar XJ220.It was stalled because of the alligator skin paint job I did,lol.Here are the pics from today as she sits,out of the box.001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

The body is in the stripper now as I type.Looks like it may come off easy.Because thats what I used Easy Off.Cheezy I know.

It's been a while since I've had time to get some updated pics up for my Camaro build. I haven't gotten much done this week but here are a few pics of what I did get to do. Sorry if some of them are a bit on the fuzzy side (stupid camera).

The updated C5R engine. I ordered my stacks from Wheelman and shortened them to fit under the hood. I sat at work on Tuesday while on break and made the fuel rails and installed the braided line for some extra effect.

PICT0020-2.jpg

The interior. Generic red & black, with a mixed red & black flocking for the carpeted areas. I think it looks fairly sharp.

PICT0019-2.jpg

And the wheels. Standard C5R BBS wheels. Painted the centers the same Cherry red as the interior for a little accent.

PICT0021-2.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks for looking.

this is perfect for me

as you may have noticed, i havent been online in a while because i just havent had time to model

but lately ive been having the bug again and with winter at my door (winter, right, 50 degrees and its the middle of november, im in michigan....maybe there is something to this global warming nonsence)

anywho, here are some of my "under the bench" projects

my dodge 3-3-8

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46847

as you can read in my last post i had some plans for paint, well i went ahead with them and they looked hideous

so for this project to restart i will need to strip all the paint and start over...which is what has kept me from getting going on this one again

larry/s new outdoors vehicle

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38980http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38980

no real reason why this one stalled, nothing im waiting on and i should be able to buckle down and finish her up

some sort of rod

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40797

not sure why this one stalled, just not my cup of tea but i would like to see it come to fruition

75 dodge dart

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38061

this one was going well untill i decided to order some resin parts for it and it sat for a while awaiting those parts

of course, by the time the parts got here i had lost interest in the build...shouldnt take much to finish this one

and finally, my hotwheels GTX

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45030

not sure why this one stalled, i guess i just run out of modeling time

also shouldnt take much to finish this puppy up

so, there you have it, a short and very inconclusive list of my stalled projects, i am now taking votes on what you guys want to see finished

Okay, so I was having fun getting this one moved along now that it is back on the bench...building is done, just the remaining decal work to do and it's done!

Used a Drew H Pit Pass article from Oct 93...Thanks, Drew!

Kit is the Monogram Morgan Shephard #21 Citgo T-Bird-Aftermarket decals were actually cut, peel and stick vinyl that I bought in 1993.

2011-11-26-7Hooters010.jpg

2011-11-26-7Hooters001.jpg

2011-11-26-7Hooters008.jpg

2011-11-26-7Hooters004.jpg

2011-11-26-7Hooters006.jpg

I'll post when I get all the contingencies done.

Got a little more work done,

the Model T is almost done, got the headlights mounted, and the fire plate on the grill. I made a little tire bracket for the side mounted spare. Still need to make up some license plates and arrange the supplies in the back.

ModelTUSFS2.jpg

ModelTUSFS3.jpg

I also got the 59 El Camino repainted (3rd times a charm :huh: ) and foiled

1959EC1.jpg

1959EC2.jpg

Rob, can I join in, Got to thinking, this may motivate me to finish a few that are sitting there starring me down:

Partial list:

'78 Dodge Baja truck

'67 Vette Stingray Roadster

'84 GMC Sierra Classic ( fourth times the charm right.............)

'71 Charger Coupe

'32 Ford Hot Rod

I'm almost definatley forgetting atleast one.

Nick