Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/43 garage diorama with Cobra

cobraman

Going to try my hand a a little simple diorama. I have the garage kit and bought a Monogram 1/43 Cobra to replace the Vette that comes with the garage kit. Going to try and make it look like someone is building a kit Cobra at home.

gottodaydio001_zps5c58a5d4.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Making some progress on this thing. This is a mock up only but pretty much the way it will be. Need to start working on the car now. I converted a Micro Machines Cobra into a kids riding toy by adding a seat and a steering wheel and foot pegs. Looks kinda crowded to me. Thoughts ??

workbenchanddiomockup003_zps901b5490.jpg

workbenchanddiomockup004_zpse77c0662.jpg

Got this little diorama all finished up. I learned one thing, I don't think I will any time soon or ever build another 1/43 kit. This is a very nice little Cobra with some nice pe parts but tough on these old eyes. This dio is meant to depict a guy working on a kit Cobra in his home garage. As mentioned before the wood I used to make the walls is out of scale but I think still better than the stick on stuff. Also I feel I maybe made it a little to crowded but wanted to squeeze some detail in to it. Comments good or bad are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

finaldio001_zpsa6749703.jpg

finaldio002_zpsc75b57b4.jpg

finaldio003_zpsd8d334ef.jpg

finaldio004_zps137a49eb.jpg

finaldio005_zps0e2d860e.jpg