Model Cars Magazine Forum

Suggest 1957 Chevrolet model kit?

A few points on the Monogram 1/12th kits. They are BIG . So you better have some display space. They do build up looking very nice on the out side, but in my opinion, they are very "toy like" everywhere else.

I agree! It looks like you took a 1/25 scale car and just scaled it up. Not much detail there for such a large model.

The second issue, often referred to as the "New Tool" version ( actually originally issued some time ago) had the open trunk. Identifying which you have can be daunting at times as they have both be reissued many times and overlapping. :huh: New tool 1957_Chevrolet_Bel_Air_Box_1-th.jpg102201021528AM-vi.jpgm8hAwj8SkG3j--NXQpXFAQw.jpg

As an aside, the kit with yellow box art represents a skill level 3 kit; I think (but I'm not sure) the other small image is also a skill level 3. The larger image is a skill level 2.

Edited by BigTallDad

Well ya cant go wrong with the Pepper Shaker versions B)

I think you covered most the stock / street issues Greg, so not much else I can ad, except the latest blue car AMT issue, only includes the stock parts. ie no 409 & custom goodies ect.

Jed theres also the drag issues, Monograms 'Plum Crazy' funny car, Revells Tom McEwan funny car & Soff Seal pro mod. And the cartoon issues, Zingers / Deals Wheels ect

If it was me, think it would have to be a Revell sedan or an AMT new tool Street Machine. But thats just me . . . . . .