Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford & Chevy Pickups

When I was searching my shelves for the next project I found these in a box.

The Ford had just a nerf bar knocked off but the Chevy had a side pipe, the radiator, rear bumper and front bumper and grill in the bottom of the box. I can't remember when I built them but had put them in the box as fixer up-ers when I had time.

The Ford I polished the plastic and sprayed on a gloss clear, but the Chevy is so old I had brush painted it!

1_zpsf760e415.jpg

2_zps7fe4af11.jpg

9_zpse8999a0b.jpg

10_zps915f293a.jpg

As part of the small referb I painted the rear lights clear red over the chrome.

5_zpsc90b111e.jpg

Thanks guys. Well TooOld thats a jolly good question, as I said it had been in a box with the Ford for I don't know how many years. I just took it out this morning tarted it up and hey presto!

As you can see from the first picture it's got a chevy grill and in the fourth picture showing it's engine you can see numbers and the chevy logo on the side of the wing behind the front wheel. Was there an S10 or was that a Japanese pickup?

I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I can make out what it says on the wing, as it is in the cabin and I'm in the house and it's 10.17 pm.

I worked for a Chevy dealer back in 75 and our parts truck was a Luv. It was based on Izuzu pickup.

Isuzu built a tough little vehicle. I had the Geo Storm, which was also an Isuzu. It survived as both my daughter's first car and then a few years as my commuter. In the end we donated it and hopefully it's still running around. Oh, and although it wore those Geo globe badges, it was still titled as a Chevy in NJ.

Tanks guys for your comments. Thanks Tom, yes I've just been out to my cabin (where all the work is done) and the front wing logo is in fact chevy LUV! Well done sir that's another question answered, TooOld.