Model Cars Magazine Forum

'78 Dodge "Warlock" 4X4. , ,May 10, cab and box mounted

Got any updates Steve?

Just mounted the engine, box and cab this afternoon. Starting to look like a truck.

The roll bar will be black semigloss. I'll make a matching grille bar for the front and mount some lights to them. I know the engine is the wrong colors for a stock truck but I never said it was stock anyway, right. The air cleaner is from the '74 RoadRunner kit.

IMG_1782-vi.jpg

IMG_1783-vi.jpg

IMG_1784-vi.jpg

IMG_1786-vi.jpg

-That IS lookin' good! NICE work on the engine, stock model said to be a 360? OR did you go all out and make it a 440? (It resembles both in different ways), BUT its more a 440 then a 360 just cause of its size, AND the fact the distributor is on an angle in the front (signifies "Big Block" which the 360, was not!)

GREAT lookin' truck no less, NICE job!

Edited by 426-Hemi

-That IS lookin' good! NICE work on the engine, stock model said to be a 360? OR did you go all out and make it a 440? (It resembles both in different ways), BUT its more a 440 then a 360 just cause of its size, AND the fact the distributor is on an angle in the front (signifies "Big Block" which the 360, was not!)

GREAT lookin' truck no less, NICE job!

The engine in the kit is definitely a big block. The real Warlock pickups could have been had with a 440 in them.

Hopefully, next time I post about this one it'll be in the under glass section. ;)

The engine in the kit is definitely a big block. The real Warlock pickups could have been had with a 440 in them.

Hopefully, next time I post about this one it'll be in the under glass section. ;)

Yeah.... The Warlock was thee LAST of the 440 use in stock "street" applications..... 1979. The Little Red Express, however, was the 2x4 version and was sold with a 360 Express (supposedly a 360 Police Interceptor), the model however makes seeing and knowing the engine details a bit......difficult as it resembled both the 360 and the 440, from either of the 2 truck types!

NICE work tho on the truck! It looks GREAT, I love how the decals went onto the black!

Be nice to see it under glass yeah? I got a set of trucks to do that I'm doing a model of a real truck I was building back when I was 15 for my 16th as my "first" real auto...... As well as another truck, Also a Dodge, that my Dad owned at the same time..... So, I know how ya feel on getting this one done!