Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red Rocket Bunny

508boricua

Hey guy's. Heres my Rocket Bunny kit from Aoshima. It was a curbside so i motorized it with a inline 2JZ Supra motor from the Tamiya supra kit. Single turbo set up, flocked interior and trunk. Added a nitrous bottle and battery in trunk. Made the wheels by using Hasegawa centers, Fujimi lip's (barrels) and Aoshima stretched tires. Sprayed in Tamiya's new TS-85 Ferrari bright mica red. Hope you guy's like it.

luisaguilar012_zps483e7779.jpg

luisaguilar013_zpsa97aac74.jpg

luisaguilar015_zpsee3bcbf4.jpg

luisaguilar014_zpsf456ca31.jpg

rocketbunny020_zpsc1f2e1b9.jpg

unnamed_zpsfb7983a3.jpg

luisaguilar018_zps713d781e.jpg

luisaguilar016_zpsc2631332.jpg

luisaguilar017_zps208a2490.jpg

Very sharp. I recently got a Tamiya Supra with the 2JZ and was thinking about doing the same thing with my Aoshima kit. Any thing to look out for when dropping the engine in?

Thanks for the comment. If your doing a Aoshima kit like this one you'll have to work the oil pan to clear the hood. A little dremmel cutting here and there and it'll fit just fine. You can even position it to match the factory drive shaft the kit comes with.

Thanks for the comment. No i havent , but I believe my buddy Gerry has. Does he still have kit's for sale?

no more for sale ..but i believe gerry was his name he's in autobody right?? have you seen these new wheels from aoshima ? picked up a few sets, the tire has a real thin edge on one side for extreme camber for the hellaflush look. the only gripe is theyre not 2 peice..

BC2B57BE-E422-49B0-AC9C-2BE859BB7133_zps9E28F40F-F5A3-48E3-9798-545D68BCFA06_zpsA81E0C27-6BC4-438A-A958-E037195B0AA3_zps