Model Cars Magazine Forum

4 day build 1968 Dart 440 GTS

Irvin Arter Jr.

Sorry it took me so long to post this. Tuesday before NNL East I was looking at my Dart which I had the motor block painted, front grill and rear end panel painted. I finished building the motor (including wiring) that night and was talking to Vince Putt on PSABC and he dared me to finish it for NNL East and I said "what's in it for me" He said "only one BEER at NNL for lunch". So I said "OK" your on. I figured I had about one days worth of work to this point so I was out in the garage painting the body at Midnight with Tamiya spray can (no primer) and all the rest of the main parts so they would be dry in the morning. Wednesday I polished out the minor stuff,foiled the body and built the interior (including a photo etch steering wheel). Thursday finished the frame and had it together Thursday night with one day to spare! This is my second Mopar from Revell and I had trouble with the dash pad on both! It still isn't right. Other that this problem it was a good kit to build. ENJOY!

Here is what it looked like when I started

69Dart1-vi.jpg

69Dart4-vi.jpg

and here are a few finished shots:

68DartGTS5-vi.jpg

Sorry we live in PA. ALL our cars have undercoating under them it's a "DRIVER"

68DartGTS7-vi.jpg

68DartGTS9-vi.jpg

and I painted my hood flat black like the one Tom Kren painted

68DartGTS12-vi.jpg

68DartGTS3-vi.jpg

68DartGTS10-vi.jpg