Model Cars Magazine Forum

something i have been working on

if you want a vynle tarp to cover a model you have to make one and get it to mold to the shape of the car you want to cover but you can only use it on that car. i think i have come up with a tarp that will contour to any shape car truck tractor ect.it will hold its shape untill you want to use it on something alse and shape it to that.here are some pics this one is just an experiment and it works pretty good. i used the same tarp in all of these pictures.any i do after this will hold the shape even more. let me know what you think.

Captured2012-6-1000035.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000001.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000000.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000004.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000037.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000036.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000038.jpg

Captured2012-6-1000039.jpg

trucker tim is on the money. i got about the cheapest vinyl tablecloth i could find. this stuff is as thin as paper and very flexible. i cut two pieces the same size. then i spraye glue on a piece of aluminum foil a little bigger than the tarp and pressed the tarp over it started in the center so it would not wrinkle much. than i sprayed glue on the other side of the foil and repeated the process. i am still looking for scale eyelets or tiny grommets so i just painted them on for now. if you want ihe tarp to hold its shape a little more just use a heavier foil. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Very Cool. Not sure I'd really worry about the grommets, until I read that you had used paint I was under the impression that they were grommets/eyelets. Pretty convincing already.

That would never fly in my neighborhood, they got "Blue Tarp" restrictions!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...