2015 Mustang independant rear end ( Picture)

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

#21 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

imagesqtbnANd9GcRV5HJ6NK62UqYjI35x5_zpsc
imagesqtbnANd9GcS-U2Qk3_B02wkJa7lj3_zps8
2015-ford-mustang-spy-photos-news-c_zps4

Exactly, you would have thought that they would have learned not to change the Mustangs after the Mustang 2. I personally think it looks like a mix of Aston Martin and Bugatti.

Aston Martin, sure, all Fords new desgins are looking like Aston Martin, makes sense to share desgins , saves money, but as for the Bugatti, not seeing anything close that makes think that

Edited by martinfan5, 05 March 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#22 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

The talk of the transverse rather than longitudinal spring in the Vette . Model T's had them a long time ago. :)  

#23 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,763 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

The talk of the transverse rather than longitudinal spring in the Vette . Model T's had them a long time ago. :)  

But they weren't fiberglass or carbon fiber or whatever it is they're made of on the Corvette...  ;)

#24 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,636 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I know I could look it up myself, but who's head of Ford styling now? The guy running the show when they did the last Ford GT and the Ford 49 showcar had talent.

p182593_l+Ford_49_Concept+Black_Front_Dr

Did they fire him, or did he have a stroke, or what?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#25 wrecker388

wrecker388

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Full Name:Riley Schultz

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

imagesqtbnANd9GcRV5HJ6NK62UqYjI35x5_zpsc
imagesqtbnANd9GcS-U2Qk3_B02wkJa7lj3_zps8
2015-ford-mustang-spy-photos-news-c_zps4Aston Martin, sure, all Fords new desgins are looking like Aston Martin, makes sense to share desgins , saves money, but as for the Bugatti, not seeing anything close that makes think that

The rear clip kinda has that shape. Actually, looking at the concept again it seems to share many body similarities to a Veyron

Edited by wrecker388, 05 March 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#26 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,189 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

No one seems to comprehend that the images in first post are not official Ford images..they are just someone's renditions of what it might look like...and the black car in the 3 pics is just an engineering mule using a modified current body..

Edited by Rob Hall, 05 March 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#27 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Mules?......I thought we were talking about Mustangs.

#28 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

No one seems to comprehend that the images in first post are not official Ford images..they are just someone's renditions of what it might look like...and the black car in the 3 pics is just an engineering mule using a modified current body..

Just to be clear, I did not state that the pics I posted were of the 2015, those were the only ones I could find that had anything to do with the 2015 that was not a rendering

#29 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

The rear clip kinda has that shape. Actually, looking at the concept again it seems to share many body similarities to a Veyron

I do see a bunch of Aston-Martin as well as Mustang, but no Bugatti............I do think there's a bar of soap in the bathroom down the hall that does look a whole lot like the Veyron though!

#30 Nate

Nate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Full Name:Nate Johnson

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Chevy's reasoning, as I've heard it, is that the main market for the Vette is older gentlemen and they prefer a softer ride than coil-overs provide. So they have the mono leaf front and rear to provide the softer ride the target market prefers.

#31 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

IRS would be a nice upgrade to the new mustange, but I really hope that it looks nothing like those first pictures.  I know they are just internet pictures, but that thigs is ugly to a whole new level.

#32 Psychographic

Psychographic

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Full Name:David Gilmour

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

I guess we've finally come to the point I've wondered about when these retro styled cars started showing up.

How do you progress with the styling? Had the mustang never evolved style-wise, would there be a market for it after a few years? Who would want to buy a mustang in 1971 that looked exactly like a 64? How long should the new mustang keep the exact same body style?

#33 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,636 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Chevy's reasoning, as I've heard it, is that the main market for the Vette is older gentlemen and they prefer a softer ride than coil-overs provide. So they have the mono leaf front and rear to provide the softer ride the target market prefers.

Possibly, but another reality is that the composite spring packages very well with low unsprung-weight, takes up less room than other coil-based designs, has an infinite fatigue life, and is about infinitely 'tunable' for spring-rate during production by adding or omitting plies of material.

It's also hard to fault the Corvette's handling, and hard springs on the street aren't the best solution for real-world handling overall.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 06 March 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#34 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Possibly, but another reality is that the composite spring packages very well, takes up less room than other coil-based designs, has an infinite fatigue life, and is about infinitely 'tunable' for spring-rate during production by adding or omitting plies of material.

It's also hard to fault the Corvette's handling, and hard springs on the street aren't the best solution for real-world handling overall.

Well said. Thank you!

#35 wrecker388

wrecker388

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Full Name:Riley Schultz

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I do see a bunch of Aston-Martin as well as Mustang, but no Bugatti............I do think there's a bar of soap in the bathroom down the hall that does look a whole lot like the Veyron though!

The rear clip sort-of kinda has that shape only the Mustang's isn't as round.