#21 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,029 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Dale- are you referring to the BBCode switch? If so, mine's on- everything is enabled.

Dave- cleared my cache, and no change whatsoever- still encountering the same problems. No problems on any other forums I frequent.

Edited by Chuck Most, 20 November 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#22 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Dale- are you referring to the BBCode switch? If so, mine's on- everything is enabled.

Dave- cleared my cache, and no change whatsoever- still encountering the same problems. No problems on any other forums I frequent.

Yes. It reads BBCode Mode.

What browser are you using? Whatever it is, try something else.

Dale

#23 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,521 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

IMG_1335_zps3b31ff64.jpg

I have a very old laptop and seems to be working..

#24 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

Noticed another problem- not only can I not post photos, the Quote option when making a post doesn't work anymore, either.

Just seeing if I can quote you Chuck. I had a problem with it a couple of days ago. I couldn't put my text outside of the box the quote was in.

011_zps4d7037b4.jpg

Seems that I can post photos OK.

#25 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

I've had no problems at all. I'm running a HP and windows Vista, and using Photobucket...

1440X900pixarcarsmoviebatmanbatmobile_zp

#26 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Sometimes, and it's getting worse, I type out a reply, and hit the post button and a green window drops down and goes thru a saving post routine, then just quits and the reply hasn't been posted and the post button is gone? Anyone else? Using win 7 and I.E.

Does the autosave feature work when you're typing a reply into the reply box? I see "last autosaved at 13:43" or similar, so just curious if that appears when you type a longer, more time consuming reply.

#27 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I just had the "Quote" feature work in the light trucks Under Glass section, but it's back no a no-workie condition again here, it seems. Still nothing happening with photos. I've just recently updated IE and Adobe Flash, nothing has fixed the issue permanently.

#28 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,257 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I just had the "Quote" feature work in the light trucks Under Glass section, but it's back no a no-workie condition again here, it seems. Still nothing happening with photos. I've just recently updated IE and Adobe Flash, nothing has fixed the issue permanently.

chuck, I would try a different web browser , and see if the problem carrys over

#29 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

chuck, I would try a different web browser , and see if the problem carrys over

001-vi.jpg

Works great on Google Chrome- but boy, does Chrome suck...

Guess I'll learn to live with it.  B)

#30 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Chuck: If you use Windows, look to see how many copies of IE the machine has under the Start Menu and try using the other if there are two. My wife's HP Win7 machine had two and one got her email and the other wouldn't have anything to do with it.

And thusly I stick to my old Mac...

Dale

#31 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Chuck: If you use Windows, look to see how many copies of IE the machine has under the Start Menu and try using the other if there are two. My wife's HP Win7 machine had two and one got her email and the other wouldn't have anything to do with it.

And thusly I stick to my old Mac...

Dale

Two copies of IE, and I'm having the same issues on the forum with both. But using Chrome is working quite well as far as quoting and posting pics. If nothing else I can use Chrome for MCM until I get my potential IE issue sorted out.

But... Not gonna get a Mac, unless it's handed to me from a Mickey D's drive-through window.  :lol:

#32 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Anyone else experiencing some (HTML?) problems?

I can post a typed reply or type a new topic, but anything I try to paste, be it simply text or photos, the paste function nor attach photo icons do anything when I select them, and when I right mouse click into the body of the post, the cursor sits blinking, but nothing emerges??

I've tested on a couple of other forum & have no problems the same way, just this site?

It's getting very frustrating, anyone with suggestions or knowledge, please let me know, Thanks

Edited by Jeremy Jon, 29 November 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#33 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

Can you paste items by using Ctrl+V on your keyboard?

#34 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Jeremy, I right clicked this image from your fb page, then selected "Copy Image URL", then used the image icon here in the toolbar at the top of the reply box, pasted it, so that method works for me using Google Chrome:

993453_537458273014553_1042512938_n.jpg

Dave Ambrose is looking into the problem, so we'll hear from him when and if he finds something.

#35 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

680466_544170659009981_1232786726_o.jpgThat process works under Safari, too.

Dale

#36 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

Very strange indeed?

Yup, tried Control+V and still doesn't work for me to paste, it gives the prompt to allow access to clipboard, but just nothing shows up no matter how many times I click 'paste'

That's what I normally do Casey, is that method, I'm using IE which I like best, FF has issues, and I dumped GC after about a week (hated it) and took me 2 weeks to get it out LOL

I have also tried the 'image' icon to post photo, but it simply opens the 'image properties' window, which I can actually paste an URL into, but the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons don't work, and can't close the window once it's open, so frustrating!?

Is it possible some formatting has changed, or forum upgrades/changes, which some functions are not compatible with IE for this forum now??

The change had to have taken place since the last forum WIP posting with pics I did, because since right after that (within a few days), is when I ran into these problems

Thanks

#37 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

I've just recently updated IE and Adobe Flash, nothing has fixed the issue permanently.

Try updating or replacing your Java too.  My laptop was running slow and IE was jamming up etc.  I saw Java try to automatically update itself and got a "insufficient rights" error message.  So I assume it must have been trying for awhile and this was the first time I saw it. So I shut down, brought the computer up fresh and went for a Java update immediately. It worked and suddenly all my computer issues went away. You may say that Java may not be running in a specific application, but if it's running wrong in the background and hogging up resources, no program is happy!

#38 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was having the same problems posting and using the Quote button for replies ,  I'm running Windows 7 and IE .  I have automatic updates and it turns out that IE had updated and was causing all of the problems and by uninstalling the update everything started working again .  Go to the Control Panel and check your updates and then turn off "Automatic updates" .

Photobucket also is not compatible with the latest version of IE so uninstalling the update should fix that problem too . 

If not ,  make sure you have the latest version of Java installed .  Go to the Java website for the free download and to make sure that Java scripting is "enabled" on your computer .  You can't copy links in PB if it's not "enabled" !!

#39 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have to claim Hogwash. 

It's the same on all boards. powered by the ip board... Something is not compatible.

One thing no one has mentioned is what bit they are using.

I am using windows 7 64bit. IE 11 and the latest JAVA.  (Just updated the JAVA. It does nothing.)

Edited by Abell82, 30 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#40 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

I went to tools in the menu bar at the top, clicked on it then went down to compatibility view settings tab click on it, and add web site, and now this site seems to work.

Somebody else please try it, and let me know if that fixes it for you as well.

Edited by Abell82, 30 November 2013 - 02:42 PM.