Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Aww man you done made me bust out the research stuff! First off that's a nice spread of models. I really like the SBD and Texan aircraft. Just something about the lines of those airframes that just plain look good. I believe that SBD kit is a Hawk/ Testors 1/72 kit. There were a range 72nd kits with Airfix, Testors, Aosshima and Hasegawa in the line up. The rear guns here are the give away to Testors being the manufacturer. Aside from all that stuff that's a good paint job on the SBD-3 Eric.

Aww man you done made me bust out the research stuff! First off that's a nice spread of models. I really like the SBD and Texan aircraft. Just something about the lines of those airframes that just plain look good. I believe that SBD kit is a Hawk/ Testors 1/72 kit. There were a range 72nd kits with Airfix, Testors, Aosshima and Hasegawa in the line up. The rear guns here are the give away to Testors being the manufacturer. Aside from all that stuff that's a good paint job on the SBD-3 Eric.

Come to think of it, I believe it was a Testors. I think they all were. I know for sure the Curtiss was. I believe the SBD was one of the "Classics" kits.

You forgot the Devastator dude! 2007_0829Spock0346.jpg

I love it! :lol: I've got one saved in my favorites box, but I don't have the money to buy it. :( However, at some point this year I intend to either start working on a Kingfisher or a PT-Ryan float plane. So stay tuned. I've go a few car models I want to work on so they'll come first before the planes. I also have to make some room for them.