Jump to content


Member Since 10 Mar 2006
Offline Last Active Dec 11 2014 03:41 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: 71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

10 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

Very nice update, Bill!

I got your message from Ken on Saturday and sent one back (hopefully you got it). It was good seeing Ken and his wife. Fore fully we get the meet face-to-face one day.

In Topic: Acme Southern Nationals pics...

09 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

It was a great show Tyrone and I met up with some old friends and I was very fortunate to meet Ken Hamilton and also Virgil Suarez (Dr. Cranky). Tyrone, I have to say that when you do  a WIP on the forum your pics are good but they absolutely DO NOT do justice to how great your work truly is....Good Stuff!...And again, a great show today by the ACME guys.

I have to agree with Darryl, Throne's projects are just amazing in person! It was a treat to see them, Darryl's Nova, Clay's Mustang, Davey t's '50 Chevy pick up and all the other cool builds in person and to hang out with all the fellas!

In Topic: Another Super 7

03 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

Superb job, Mark!!! The level of detail is beyond most comparison!

In Topic: Ghia/Porsche

03 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the continued kind words and encouragement fellas!  I don't have much to say (or maybe too much to describe), but I did want to get some updated pictures up:

Not  sure if I had mentioned before, but the sets of valve covers (will four), and throttle mechanisms (except for he actual linkage part, was machined (the center part was Lawrence's idea). The coil packs were machined from styrene with brass pins for mounting. I was hoping to cast them, but thought it would be more time to make one piece and then our a mold and resin copies. This way worked out a lot quicker, I think.

Lawrence helped me out with the rear and side covers. I did the sift linkage, starter and solenoid.  The solenoid has brass hardware from Scale Hardware and a banjo from RB Motion that will simulate the connector from the battery cable
Adding some detailing. Hardware is from RB Motion

In Topic: Ghia/Porsche

23 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Hey Dirk, hope things are well, just checking on your builds progress.  I'm sure everyone that visits the forum is anxious to see what you are doing on this very slick build.

Thanks for following along, Codi (ands everyone)!

I ran into some issues with paint on this thing, I used Duplicolor's self-etching primer and had some complications during the application phase. I actually had to strip it twice and probably needed to do it a fourth time, but just gave up and went with what I have. I've also had a problems with my clear, I just switched to HOK and can't seem to dial it in. I normally use PPG's concept 2021, but it is so expensive. I was running low and although I likely had enough to do the Ghia, I didn't want to chance it and switched. I've been talking to Dave Thibodeau and it could be a variety of things (wrong temp reducer, humidity, mix ratio- although I went by their mix ratio). To be honest, a big part is likely haste in trying to get things done for ATL.

For the last couple of days, I've been sorting through fitment issues. I normally engineer and fabricate my parts to such a tight tolerance, that I don't compensate for paint and plating. I thiugh I made the necessary adjustments this time, but in some areas, not (I joked with David Morton that you know your tolerance are tight when your panels don't fit until your paint/flea gasses out).

In addition to trying to keep on pace with the project, we had the Wolrd Street Cqr Finals in Orlando this past weekend and are having the import challenge this coming weekend, so because there aren't many events like this for the year here, I've taken some time to attend the drags.

I hope to (actually I have to) make some serious progress this weekend I and take some pics. If I get a chance to, I will post some pics.