Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by redneckrigger

  1. Absolutely wonderful work Warren, from the truck to the trailer to the Cat. WOW!!!
  2. The issues just keep getting better and better, FAR exceeding everyone that has gone before. Thank you for the incredible work being put forth to produce this wonderful magazine! I await every issue!!!
  3. That is absolutely beautiful! The Topkick looks superb and that color is just WOW! Nice work, and that GMC is no slouch either!
  4. Gary was a superb gentleman and a great influence on our hobby. I used to spend lots of time at shows just chewing the fat with him. Condolences to his family. Godspeed my friend.
  5. Well done.................those Hortens were really cutting edge back then!
  6. Totally, 100% fantastically AWESOME! Wow, the details, workmanship, and paint are just incredible!
  7. Woods can describe some of the implements of a duffer, or it can be a category of organic fibrous material, or it can be the last name of a gentleman who is just a BIT more than an inept golfer.
  8. Was great meeting you as well Bob. Link Belt did the engineering.....................I have only just reduced it into pieces of plastic! Cheers!
  9. Superb skills, sir...........................WOW!!!
  10. There are some very good skills on display there! You should keep up the work, as well as what Bill says.......................find a way to put them to good use. You, sir, have talent!
  11. The DM600 has one error on the reissues that should be fixed. The left rear corner of the hood has a notch in it that does not appear on the real truck. The hood should have a plain 90 degree corner to it and no notch. The cab would need to have the corresponding bumpout removed and the hood have the notch filled in. This appears to have been done when they reissued the 600 kit so that they could use the same cab mold for the DM800 as well as the DM600. It is quite easy to fix. The attached photo is from an original MPC issued kit with the correct hood details.
  12. Does this method work with enamels or does it have to be acrylics to allow the water to soften it to reach the hairspray? Thank you!
  13. Wishing I had more bench time available, but making the best of what I have. Installed the drum/brake/clutch linkages and made up the radiator. The next step is the operator’s controls and the drum drive guards and finish the fuel tank details. The linkages go down into the floor and then forward under the floor to the operators station as can be seen in the brochure photo. Not making lots of progress, but having lots of fun, and at the end of the day, that’s all that counts!
  14. This is the way I got it. Can’t remember who cast it either! But it works, and when it gets done and the house is put over it, much will be covered up. But the inner fool in me still has to do the details!!!
  15. I have several options lined up, serving string for a bow, craft string that is tightly wound and looks like cable, fishing leader string, gonna be a while until that will be chosen.
  16. Found some more time to put in at the bench……..made up the upper engine and master clutch chain drive housing and its support brackets. Also put in the jack shaft splitter drive to power both sides of each drum independently of each other, for raise and lower functions.
  17. Thanks Jeff! It was great to hang out all day at the Spring Thaw Show. Had a wonderful time and saw some incredible builds! Loved seeing your awesome Mack snowblower build, because, yup, seeing it in person IS far better than any photo can show!
  18. It was a superb show, seeing friends, incredible builds and just a fantastic time. Thank you to the Spring Thaw crew for making it happen!
  • Create New...