Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm actually going to glue the back doors on and depending on how the roof fits (there is a little warpage...) I might cement it in place too.

I tried to paint the tire lettering, (trying to build it the way kit came), but acrylic paint would not even stick to the vinyl, and I know from experience that enamels never cure on the material. So I sanded the letters off and used resized art I made for my Vega tires.

DSC05102_zpsiwugsipt.jpg

They did work very well, and needed some decal solvent. I had to touch up some of the dark yellow in the hood decal and some of the green on one of the sides. The only complaint I have is the printed door lines not lining up with the molded door lines.

Except for the windshield, the body is ready to install onto the chassis. The kit provides two license plates, but both are for the rear. I painted out the rear only registration tags on the front plate. The tail lights looked kind of blah on the sprue, (being molded in smoke tinted clear didn’t help), but once painted look pretty decent.

DSC05122_zpsf4r2uisa.jpg

DSC05126_zpshu7tjrvk.jpg

Yellow is what it is supposed to be, so... it is.

I am finding the final chrome parts are not only poorly chromed, but some are very delicately molded; and worse, all have heavy mold lines. Still the overall fit is much better than I recalled from the last ones from this series I built.

Thanks guys!

The side pipes have a different color of metal in the main center sections. Since the mold lines were heavy and the chrome was clunky I did a little clean up and shot those areas a light pearl gray. It’s not like the parts really match the real ones…

DSC05132_zpsp67lhwm0.jpg

Hopefully the next pictures of it will be in the finished section...

• 4 weeks later...

Cool. I have no doubt you can pull it off from the work I've seen of yours Ben.

I had an easier time building this one by beefing up the body as shown in the WIP.

Also, I think I forgot to mention that I cut the two mounting "loops" off the grill to make it easier to install out of sequence.