Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stepp's Towing Can-Do Mega Wrecker

Mike, I am assuming that this is a 1/25 scale truck? Well that means that it is 43ft 3/4" long on a 1:1 truck.

I LIKE IT !!! Very nice job done. "If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch"

Love it Love it Love real big Trucks.

Ken. B)

Oh, yeah....Now that's how you do a wrecker....Beautiful job on the stretch.....The sleeper looks awesome on there....Amazing how 1/24 and 1/25 can go together if you set it up right....And this one is set up RIGHT !!!!!! Beautiful, Man....Just Beautiful...I need to get me one of these things.....Don't know why I haven't gotten one, yet....

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. I like to build but I don't have a lot of room to display stuff, so this one is on Ebay for someone else to enjoy. Unfortunately I didn't take any in-progress photos as I just kind of did this one a little at a time. I don't know how practical a wrecker this long would be in the real world but it doesn't really matter. I don't obsess over every little nut and bolt or whether each part is painted exactly how it's supposed to be on a real truck. To me that takes the fun out of modeling and makes it a chore.

I did learn one thing about dipping my toes back in the 1/25 pool...my eyes and fingers aren't what they used to be! :lol: