Model Cars Magazine Forum

Was Big Daddys Dragster ever kitted ?

it looks like something built for a movie that was never released.

but then a little more reading shows Mr. Roth was branching out into racing..."way back when".

Edited by blunc

I would TOTALLY love this to have been kitted. to throw away the body would be to throw away the car. it was during ed roths "transition" away from model cars and from custom cars into outlaw bikes. very very historic vehicle though I don't think he retained ownership of it for long. in the book about him there is a pretty extensive look at the car and at his racing team.

I don't see how not having "permission" would really hinder a potential resin caster from putting it out. I kind of doubt they really hold such niceties in much regard. maybe if they were trying to sell it by Ed Roths name but i don't see why a generic version would be a problem. I wish someone would put it out.

jb

I would TOTALLY love this to have been kitted. to throw away the body would be to throw away the car. it was during ed roths "transition" away from model cars and from custom cars into outlaw bikes. very very historic vehicle though I don't think he retained ownership of it for long. in the book about him there is a pretty extensive look at the car and at his racing team.

I don't see how not having "permission" would really hinder a potential resin caster from putting it out. I kind of doubt they really hold such niceties in much regard. maybe if they were trying to sell it by Ed Roths name but i don't see why a generic version would be a problem. I wish someone would put it out.

jb

This resin caster had a relationship with Roth......and with his name on the car.......it can become an issue. This was not long after Roth's death when his 'estate' was going after everyone. I'd not attempt as I'd fear getting shutdown if someone wanted to do so. But by no means was it my project......but knew they guy involved.

Edited by Dave Van