Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would you just Love to see this? I would

What's amazing to me is how much money those phantom boxes bring! I had a Steve McGarrett Lincoln box on my watch list that brought close to $70! I was beginning to wonder if the bidders knew it was just an empty box.

Dear Revell-   Please find my check for $500,000 enclosed to tool up and market my '68 Ford station wagon kit....  I will need some notice before you ship my 10,000 kits to my house...

Dear Tom would like to place an order for 3 of the kits please let me know when they become available 

sincerely XJ6 

When I was seven, my neighbor bought a new '68 10-passenger Country Squire; it was the first time I heard of a color named "Lime Gold". I remember Ford running commercials about all the new features it had that other wagons didn't; the "brand X" wagon they used was a '63 Dodge 440 which happened to be what my family had. I remember reenacting the commercial with the neighbor's kids... :lol:

Maybe a '70 Country Sedan based on the police car tooling would be the least expensive way to go; then the aftermarket would do the Country Squire?

My Dad had a black '68 Country Sedan when I was in High School. The fellas called me "Pallbearer" when I drove it every once in a while. It was great when I had the whole gang in it the first Xmas after graduation. We went to see the movie "Silver Streak", and we went to one of our favorite rib joints, which by the way is still in business. Those seats in the cargo hold came in handy, and that's the only time I used them. That thing was a gas guzzler, in fact it burnt more gas than Dad's Continental Mark IV.