Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Pocher Mercedes building. Cabrio Special.

Zoom

• 2 weeks later...

DSC06346_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.26b07be401

DSC06344_(2)_(1024x799).thumb.jpg.346d32

A new year and new challenges.

Is this the right “height” of the rumble seat cover, when it is in open position?
I don´t have any good reference photos.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket

• 2 weeks later...

2016-01-16_19.17.29_zps8l8vhgnt.thumb.jp

I think I got a decent fit for the doors. Maybe I have to take away some tenth of a millimeter around, to make place for the paint. Yes the door handles work and also the windows crank.

I was not pleased with the fit of the hood, so I have to redo it, and glue the hinges one more time. Hope it will work this time.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket

DSC06358_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.0cd3d69a22

DSC06364_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.04079d23ba

DSC06363_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.b84def4906

I have, which said earlier in this thread, that the radiator braces come to close to the engine top.

I cut of the plastics “tops” and save some millimeters. Now I shall put some BMF on them.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket

DSC06365_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.7a37e73945

DSC06366_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.f8fe6b7757

Trying to paint this red beast to white, not easy!
The red tone is slightly visible through the white primer and paint, more primer and paint maybe.
I have put this question in “Modeling how-tos”

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket

photo 2016-01-25 14.26.45_zpstr2hycpb.jpg

photo 2016-01-25 14.26.59_zpsqlnqvoxa.jpg

Trying to paint this red beast to white, not easy!
The red tone is slightly visible through the white primer and paint, more primer and paint maybe.
I have put this question in “Modeling how-tos”

You don't have to Bo. Get another even coat of primer on it. Then spray a 'barrier' coat of Future acrylic on and let dry thoroughly. Then another even coat of primer, sanded lightly. You don't need heavy coats of primer. 

Bo, Future is excellent in sealing that nasty red or yellow plastic from bleed-through. Some fellas poo-poo the idea that plastic can "bleed", but it does something to that effect as the plastic may have a strong color content in that regular primering doesn't do the trick. Eventually, enough coats of primer would stop the bleed-through, but then if there's scripts or other details that need to be seen, they're buried under multiple coats of primer.

I like to use another product in sealing bodywork, and colored plastic..............

PC284504

Been using this for awhile, and if this doesn't work, nothing will! :P

I airbrush it on (I recommend the heavy tip for this), and alcohol will thin it out if need be.

Keep up the great work! I had one of these Pocher kits years ago, (the one with the dual spare and folding top), but 1:8 scales are not really my thing, and I eventually sold it to Harry P, who built it here on the board.

This Future your mention.  Can I get that I an razzle can? I don´t have any airbrush.

Future can only be brushed or airbrushed on. The actual name is "Pledge with Future Shine". If you need to brush it on, I recommend going to the hardware store and pick up a "foam brush". Much less chance of seeing brush strokes if using one of those. 

Hope this helps!

Cato, thank you!

Can I put a layer of the primer to the last layer of paint??

This Future your mention.  Can I get that I an razzle can? I don´t have any airbrush.

No Bo, it is a large bottle of floor care product. You CAN apply with brush this way; get a soft art brush at least 1/2" wide and flow it on. Work quickly and smoothly but don't get drips. It will self-level when completely dry. It you have any marks at all, you can very lightly scuff them with 1000 grit or 4-0 steel wool. If it's a poor application the whole thing can be removed with Windex and warm water and start again.

Bill's product above is also excellent but you need airbrush. Nick's method in your other thread works well with the silver paint and that you can get in sprays. Just don't keep loading primers on. Sand between so there's not too much and you have an even surface.

Thank you Bill!
Nice to get suggestions for my problems.

I will try to get some “Future” but, as Skip says, I have to look if we have a similar product here in Sweden. Otherwise I have to go the big “Internet” J
When I get some, I will try Catos suggestion.

DSC06373_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.3d29e5fe98

DSC06376_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.af5f6c5a6b

DSC06377_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.75ddd23435

While I am waiting for the ”Future” to come from USA, I start with the steering wheel.

I have bought the horn ring from MMC, but made my own ignition lever from al wire and a washer and I used the Pocher steering wheel.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket