Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Nova SS396

Daniel Lynch

Hi everybody, i coming back after one year or near, i would like to present my latest built !

1969 Nova SS396, it'S easy to turn the COPO or Yenko Nova kit into SS396 all is there ! 

Kit Revell Nova Copo

Car: Nova SS396

Paint & color: PPG base coat, Glacier Blue GM authentic color from 1969 code 53 with cleat coat

Engine is wired and plumbed, interior added seat belt from MCG and flocked carpet.

Québec license and dealers plates as homemade on my computer.021.thumb.JPG.7b104ce1add006dc98984be558

013.JPG

022.JPG

021.JPG

034.JPG

038.JPG

030.JPG

027.JPG

014.JPG

033.JPG

008 (3).JPG

Edited by Daniel Lynch

Nice job, brings back memories to me when I had one new. With a real Delco battery and a Muncie 4-speed  both made right here in Muncie, Indiana.  The Nova was always my favorite over the Camaro and Chevelle. I love the dog dish hub caps even though I went with Cragers for a while. The blue you used looks like a stock color. Nice job on the engine also.

Edited by rmvw guy

Impressive! Nice and clean... your BMF is especially sharp. Now clean up that shaky edge on the black trim on the back of the car. Maybe use a small brush to straighten out the flat black, then foil the top and bottom horizontal trim to get a really sharp, straight line.