Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saddle Tan Paint

Are you looking for spray paint? airbrush paint? brush paint?

Metallic? Flat? Gloss?

For a body or interior?

Steve

Hey Steve, I would prefer a spray paint. I have an airbrush but still not comfortable using it yet. I am looking for a flat saddle tan for interior

Try Rust-oleum 7771 Sand.  I had a Duplicolor color I believe was called Buckskin and I ran out.  I took a part I had painted with it to stores and found the 7771 Sand at Walmart was a ringer!  Seats and dashboard below...

IMG 2535 - Copy

Tom, That looks great. I will have to stop at Wal-Mart Tomorrow and see if they carry it here. Thanks for the info and the pic

I really don't know what you're after by "saddle tan" however I often use SEM Color Coat  #15093 Light Buckskin for interiors and it looks great. I bought this from Eastwood who offers restoration supplies for 1:1 cars.

Funny that you mentioned SEM it was the one place that I did find saddle tan. I was not sure if it was safe to use on model cars. Now I know that it is.. Thanks

I have used several different shades from Tamiya. From light to dark they are TS-68 "Wood Deck Tan", TS-46 "Light Sand", AS-15 "Tan" (USAF), AS-22 "Dark Earth" (RAF), and TS-69 "Lioleum Deck Brown". Some of these are for Military Air Craft builders but work well for interiors. By the time you get too the Deck Brown your into a dark brown.   

I always have used the cheapo Walmart flat tans and greys for base interiors and used military flats for details. Speaking of that you can find a lot of military colors in the hobby shop in both sprays and brush type that look good as interior colors. For interiors that are body color you can spray them with the body paint and then put a dull coat on them. Just my .02...

I keep about a dozen brown tones and a dozen gray tones for interiors.  And they multiply  in choices once you coat them with dull coat, matte clear, semi gloss of several different brands!

I have come to the conclusion that there is going to be time that you will not the correct shade of gray on hand when needed, even if you think you have enough shades of gray paint on hand.

I have come to the conclusion that there is going to be time that you will not the correct shade of gray on hand when needed, even if you think you have enough shades of gray paint on hand.

Murphy's Law.  You can own 1,000 kits and your next great project idea will involve ones you don't have!