Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Corvette Pro Touring

Greg Pugh

Wow Greg. That's looking great. What did you end up doing with those headlight we chatted about.

I was using Google to determine how to go about doing the headlights (the wire mesh, what color the buckets were, etc) when I ran across a picture of a '54 Vette concept where they did not use a wire mesh and the bucket was all chrome with no paint. I thought "Well, I can do THAT!". I threw them in the body that way and thought it flowed well with the overall concept of the car. That was easy. Lol

I love how beautiful that Anthracite Gray looks... almost like a black pearl, with a very satiny finish. Excellent work! I wish Testors would do that one in lacquer. Can't take the odor of their enamels.

Also, an engine that is really miles above kit quality!

But man, a 5-year commitment? You're the olympic athlete of model car builders! ;)

But man, a 5-year commitment? You're the olympic athlete of model car builders! ;)

I probably should've said "on-and-off 5-year project". I worked on this one in the rotation of about two or three other models I'm working on. But either way, I'm happy to have this one on the shelf. Lol

What a beautiful model!  You really do excellent work.  Beautifully photographed too.  Great job!

Looks like you polished the front glass too, very nice.  I like too that the red interior is not a bright shade, but toned down.  Very classy.

Not a fan of the wheels/tires combo but you did a terrific job on everything else. Love the paint job. Did you airbrush the finish from the Testors enamel paints? I absolutely love that color.

Yes, the color is from their Model Master line. I thinned it out and airbrushed it.