Model Cars Magazine Forum

Krusty Kuda - Finished!

exesivefire

Nice job on the paint. Rollbar looks good. Is the rod you are using for the rollbar styrene?  What was the vendors name it came from?

yeah, that's would be a better question for Eric, I'm sure he will chime in here soon. It is different than your typical evergreen. Solvent doesn't seem to like it as much, but it bends super nice 

Pretty!    Honestly... I cant wait to see the 41 painted up like that. 

Nice job on the paint. Rollbar looks good. Is the rod you are using for the rollbar styrene?  What was the vendors name it came from?

Bob this is the guy to get the bendy rod from...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STYRENE-ROUND-ROD-120-PIECE-ASSORTMENT-LOT-6-SIZES-PIPE-/111889933610?hash=item1a0d28e52a:g:IJYAAOSwofxUgmd1

However it does have some minor issues:

#1 as Andy said regular solvent glue doesn't work on it very well..

#2 some pieces change diameter from end to end (like .078 at one end and .082 at the other) once you are aware of this you can visually pick pieces that work. 

Other than those minor hiccups this stuff is great,  and a decent value.

Thanks for the info.  I know some plastruft pastic is not styrene and the have a different glue for it. Have you tried that solvent yet. Is tgere any issue with super glue?

No problem!   I havent tried any solvent other than the Tamiya ultra thin... But SuperGlue and kicker works like a charm... :)

So I had the day off today, and my girlfriend was busy. It's safe to say progress was made. 

Stated the day off by foiling the trim, shooting some clear on the body and painting a bunch of various parts. 

Interior going together, went with the black and white, and of course had to "tone down" the white a bit ;)

Gold flake steering wheel and matching shifter ball

Major sub assemblies together and it was time for a food break. 

Hahaha rad. Great attitude on this one...and I love the combo of purple with the gold metalflake steering wheel. The slicks look convincing, as does the cage. Thanks for the info on the styrene rod--I've been buying small amounts of expensive hobby stuff, didn't realize there were bulk sellers online! I'll remember that if I ever have a bunch of roll cages or other fabrication to do.

Worked on the front and rear details, after taking a break from trying to clean up those stacks. I'm having trouble cleaning the joint where the stacks were glued to their bases. And then I dropped one and bent the tip. Might be a sign...

taillights painted, rear bumper sprayed with dullcote and added a bunch of grime 

same treatment on the front bumper and we can say I'm on a yellow headlamp kick. 

• Like 1