Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. 1955 H-63 Mack

This is an Illini Replica Conversion that I picked up a couple of years ago. This build will be a little different than my usual builds. I generally prefer east coast style work horses. This one will be a custom more in line with Clayton's vision for the calendar. Mack guys, don't get mad at me, but the only thing Mack is going to be the cab, and style of the frame, and maybe a few accessories. You can see the GW Trucks frame rails and Mack mud flaps that I picked up from Sourkraut's. The plan is a 250" to a 300" wheelbase with air ride suspension. The plan is to use the 12v-71 Detroit from Spaulding Trading and Shipping pictured as the power plant. As of now, to be a little different, I'm planning on using the steel wheels pictured from Double Take Replicas. I'm still battling with choosing the color scheme. I have more parts to gather along the way, but pictured here is what I have.

• 4 weeks later...

All right Terry and Sam, I'm opening the doors on this one. You can also see the frame length here as well. I'm also trying my hand at casting some new cross members. Time will tell how that experiment will go. I've never cast anything before.

Thanks to everyone who has commented!!!

Gator: Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't think that I wanted to cut up a resin kit either, but here I am.

Sean: The cases come from Hobby Lobby. With a 40% coupon, they are less than $15.00. The rotary phone is still functional, but doesn't work on the new phone service that AT&T installed last year.