Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

Thanks Mike! I dunno yet. I'm just building on it somewhat steadily and seeing where it goes. We'll see how "professional-built" it is when it all starts coming together near the end. You know that point where all the "boo-boos" that weren't thought out all the way through start to show up? lol .

I'm doing the same thing you are as I haven't been able to get on here at all at work until today. Once I'm home I don't usually stop till about 9:30 or so and at that point I'm just ready for a bath and then bed. And with my wife waking up in the middle of the night lots of times I just want to sleep in ...............alarm-clock-smash_zpsgs6kv8vf.gif

Edited by mustang1989

Hi Joe!!!  Kool build of a tough build!!!  I love where you're going with this.  I love Gassers but these vintage Chevy's look awesome slammed to the ground.  Your engine is killer and it's gonna be so Kool in the car.  Can't wait to see more!!!????????

Thanks Carl! There's some change up for the "entertainment room" in the back.

Well as some of you might've figured from the get go......that big   couch aint going to work! I had my blinders on early on but reality hit. It was too tall and took up way too much room in the back. . I even trimmed out the bottom of it so the wheel tub would fit up inside the bottom of the couch and it was still too tall. I broke out the OOB front bench seat and trimmed it out in the area at the center of the couch where the transmission hump cut out was and have it primed so far. I also tossed the coffee table from the equation as the TV was sitting up too high and would've hit the roof. I replaced that with a section of clear plastic from Evergreen and painted it black on the back side to give it that "black glass" look. I'm currently working on the L angled two legs for the front of the table. I believe this....is more doable. I still have to carpet the side of the R/H wheel tub but I'm makin' some progress anyhow.

Edited by mustang1989

Hahahaha!!! Thanks Carl! You find me a lit lava lamp and I will throw it in there. lol

I saw one on ebay in 1/24 but it's been a while. I have tried to find a disco ball in scale for my van project later but no luck...

Edited by slusher