Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

Thanks Lloyd and Jim!! Man you've got that right on the POJ kit there Lloyd as this thing is giving me a work out with my least favorite part of building.......bodywork! lol .

I've been in Kansas for the last week and took the body with me to clean up all the seams and mold lines. I ended up smoothing them all out, however while I was cutting the rear door out with sewing thread I got off track and cut into the dang door! sSig_DOH.gif_zpsiyz57xcc.png I've got another body if I need a spare door though.wiping%20brow_zpsgqh5sg63.gif

Thanks Lloyd and Jim!! Man you've got that right on the POJ kit there Lloyd as this thing is giving me a work out with my least favorite part of building.......bodywork! lol .

I've been in Kansas for the last week and took the body with me to clean up all the seams and mold lines. I ended up smoothing them all out, however while I was cutting the rear door out with sewing thread I got off track and cut into the dang door! sSig_DOH.gif_zpsiyz57xcc.png I've got another body if I need a spare door though.wiping%20brow_zpsgqh5sg63.gif

Those spare parts are always nice to have Joe...

Thanks Carl! As it turns out I may not need the spare door as I was able to get it out of the opening in one piece. Progress pics...

Mold/Seam lines present:

Mold/Seam lines gone.....

I've got a little bit of sanding work to do to repair the bottom of the door and to smooth out all the edges of the door as well as the door opening but it looks like it'll work fine. It's funny about that thread trick. Never thought thread would cut this stuff.

Great job on the body work. One advantage of the body in a molded color is that its easier to see what needs sanding and saves on primer. I can see from the pictures just how smooth you have gotten it.

First off, Happy Fathers Day to all you dad's out there. I hope you all have a great day today.

Secondly.....................I'm now stumped. :shocked:   I've had this body on and off this chassis twenty or better times now making sure everything is ok. Now that I'm this far the dang thing won't go on all the way. I haven't reached that throw in the towel moment or anything  yet :whiteflag:  but this is pretty frustrating. :rant:   I shelved it for today and will approach with a new outlook tomorrow. Man........you gotta love this stuff. lol

Carl: I started working on the issues at hand tonight. Will continue tomorrow morning at 4 a.m.

Pat and Vince: I hear what both of you guys are talking about and I had already test fitted it a while back. I had to fill a lot of the gaps on my 56 F-100 in with clear parts cement to fill the huge gaps.

For a couple of days I was just stuck. I had the body primed and was going to test fit the body on the chassis so I could figure out where to make the hood cuts at when......I noticed that the body wasn't going all the way down on the chassis. Long story short I had to take the couch back out in the back as it was too close to the L/H wall of the body. It took me a minute to find it because I noticed a couple of things that I overlooked when installing the floor onto the chassis that'll help with body/chassis alignment later. Those are fixed as well.

As of this morning I was able to test fit the body and mark the hood for cuts later. One more primer coat and this'll be ready for paint.