Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

Did some work in the paint booth this morning and I'm pretty well content with where she's at now.

The first pic has been lightened a little to show the detail while the second one is unaltered to show the correct shade. In any case............she's black:

Kevin: Thanks brother!! :D

Bill: Thank you for the encouragement. I apologize for the terrible first picture. The more I look at it the worse it looks.  You are strongly correct that this kit sucks in terms of straightness and really bad in terms of roughness.:blink:

Dan: I appreciate that bud.

Randy: Great to see you around and appreciate your comments as well.

Edited by mustang1989

I ended up with a little bonus benchtime today. I got the hood cut out located and the outline all drilled out :

and then cut out...

Lots of clean up left to do just on the hood. As referenced earlier, the molding process on these bodies and related parts is nothing short of sloppy. Revell gets my vote on this one in that regard.fail_zpscg2w7opa.gif

It didn't help things when I cracked the hood at the very back.  

That part is currently being repaired.

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks Carl and Rich. I'll be using the original for this one Carl.

Got the gloss coat on this morning. When I initially started spraying the gloss coat what seemed like the perfect horrorific nightmare was unfolding as I saw nothing but bubbles. I all but resolved myself to a treatment in Purple Power or brake fluid when all the sudden all of bubbles just went away and left me with this:

With the reflection of my camera and hand in the gloss finish I couldn't help but snap a couple of shots off:

Thanks Kevin!

I'm using Model Master "Wet Look" Lacquer in the rattle can delivery system. :D

I've generally had good luck with it (except for the ever present orange peel I always seem to get, no matter how minor), but the latest can I used went on milky in a lot of spots, dried OK though.

Thanks Tony! Taking the body to Kansas with a sanding kit to fill the boring times was what paid off. ;)

Kevin: Yeah man the milky spots a lot with HUGE bubbles scared me to death at first but it levelled out a few minutes later. At first I was already resolved to throw it in brake fluid.:o

Jeremy: It's great to see you on the forum lately and thanks man. What are you building buddy?

Thanks Richard  and Kevin! That truck in the background is another "Street Demon" kit that I bought off of ebay. This one was already built to this point and will be used for spare parts and the other one that I bought is a complete unbuilt kit. I'm trying to decide on how I want to set it up for the "updated build".

You guys remember this one right?

s-l1600.jpg