Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Orange Crate 32 Sedan

CabDriver

it heats the metal and hardens it. straighten a paperclip, wrap it around a rod to form a coil spring, then heat it the same way and it will become a real spring capable of holding it's shape. if left untreated, it will not hold it's shape and will collapse under the weight of a model. be very careful as even 9v will render the item capable of burning skin, plastic and paper.

• 1 month later...

Great tip!  Thanks Curt!

In the meantime, I've been busy painting and Alclading in various different hues of metal - I still have a little work to do on the blower assembly before it's done but we're getting somewhere anyway...

I wish I could find something as good as Alclad that will stand up to a little handling - this seems very fragile and easily ruined but I'll maybe do a search of the forum and see what I can find!

• 10 months later...

MVC040S-vi.thumb.jpg.dd5914ff71c89ffb622

MVC048S-vi.thumb.jpg.751f44feab86fc8c812

I got so frustrated trying to build this kit that I actually. twisted the chassis in half and thru it in the box.......after the little 9 year oldish hissy fit.....I went to the trash can and retrieved it. repaired the broken parts. and finished it up The rear end is real fidley. But I think you got this one handled. I painted teh frame black

Edited by Lanny Haas