Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1992 Ford Mustang GT convertible

1tim1

Been working on this '92 Mustang convertible. Got it painted in Dupli-color Cayman green, an original Ford color. Got clear on and it's polished. Most of the engine is assembled, I drilled out the kit distributor and wired it. Lowered the rear suspension and still working on the front for the ride height. For the wheels I used the kit wheels and sanded them down until they fit into the 19" Pegasus sleeves. I used bare metal foil in the headlight buckets, it's kind of rough but I'm still fairly new to using BMF. That's about all I have done for now, I'll get more posted as I get more done. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rolin'... in my five point oh, with the ragtop down, so the hair can blow!!!   

Nice looking Pony!!

You got me really interested in those sleeves... Just curious: if compared to the kits standard wheels, will the sleeved rims clearly be larger, or ....? I know they will be wider, but larger?

220px-Rollin_in_My_5.0.jpeg

Edited by matthijsgrit

NOW That's Nice. Excellent job on those wheels, also the engine looks terrific too.I'm a product of the 80ies so I tend to really lean towards the Fox Body Mustang and the 3rd generation Camaro. I got a kick out of the post above  ( Ice Ice Baby ) hahaha . Oh the memories from back in the day. Okay, keep up the good work and thank you for sharing this. 

Jeff 

Rolin'... in my five point oh, with the ragtop down, so the hair can blow!!!   

Nice looking Pony!!

You got me really interested in those sleeves... Just curious: if compared to the kits standard wheels, will the sleeved rims clearly be larger, or ....? I know they will be wider, but larger?

220px-Rollin_in_My_5.0.jpeg

Throwback from the early 90's lol. Yes they will clearly be larger, it makes the original 16" wheel a 19" in diameter. Also gives it quite a bit of back spacing which in theory wouldn't work on the front in real life but makes it look cool. 

image.jpeg

NOW That's Nice. Excellent job on those wheels, also the engine looks terrific too.I'm a product of the 80ies so I tend to really lean towards the Fox Body Mustang and the 3rd generation Camaro. I got a kick out of the post above  ( Ice Ice Baby ) hahaha . Oh the memories from back in the day. Okay, keep up the good work and thank you for sharing this. 

Jeff 

Thanks! Those cars from the 80's and early 90's are my favorites as well. Although I like all kinds and types. 

Love the color,how do you plan on painting the taillights?

I'm not sure how I will accurately paint the tail lights just yet. I'm kind of stalled from modelers block at the moment. I still have to paint the mirrors so I may try taping up all those little parts of the lenses. 

Love the color combo of the interior. What paint and color is it? Did you airbrush it?

Thanks! The lighter tan is Duplicolor interior paint, color is desert sand with model master dark tan enamel for the darker color.  The dark tan is hand brushed. 

Edited by 1tim1

looks great ! i like it .. could also be awsome with the staggered look .. dont know how easy it wold be to file or sand the front rings a tad less wide ?

Thanks! With my skill level it would probably be pretty hard to fill the lip on the sleeve down. If I had a lathe I could probably do it. I agree the staggered look would be awesome, but this is the next best thing for me lol. 

Thanks! With my skill level it would probably be pretty hard to fill the lip on the sleeve down. If I had a lathe I could probably do it. I agree the staggered look would be awesome, but this is the next best thing for me lol. 

i usually do stuff like that (metals) with small fine metal files .. tape around the ring and with patience file ...

and the last mm i put a piece of sandpaper on the benc and press the pice on it and rub the piece over the sandpaper ..

but that said it ooks awsome the way it is now so ....just keep it like is :)