Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '57 Gasser

I didn't wait for Revell's '57 Ford gasser as I finished mine for the Milwaukee NNL yesterday. It has a 427 cu.in. engine from the Thunderbolt kit, as well as a reworked front suspension from the '41 Willys kit. Back-in-the-day like in the mid-60's the gasser class was called Gas Coupes & Sedans. No wagons, no convertibles, no sports cars.

Back-in-the-day like in the mid-60's the gasser class was called Gas Coupes & Sedans. No wagons, no convertibles, no sports cars.

I've seen legit Nomad wagon gassers, and of course there were loads of Corvette and early T-Bird gassers.

On to the topic at hand: BEAUTIFUL model, you've really captured the look, feel, and mood of these things. Great paint, too. What's the colot?

I've seen legit Nomad wagon gassers, and of course there were loads of Corvette and early T-Bird gassers.

On to the topic at hand: BEAUTIFUL model, you've really captured the look, feel, and mood of these things. Great paint, too. What's the colot?

Some of those Nomads ran in M/P or modified production, and the Corvettes ran in M/SP or modified sports classes. The color is Tamiya Metallic Orange and it would look great on a number of cars.

Cool car! Very clean with great paint!

Gotta take exception to your comment "Back-in-the-day like in the mid-60's the gasser class was called Gas Coupes & Sedans. No wagons, no convertibles, no sports cars"

In the mid '60s wagons, and convertibles (with roll bars) were quite common as Gassers. Sedan deliveries, pickup trucks, El Caminos and Rancheros were all eligible to be Gassers. Sports cars ran in their own category called Modified Sports Car that had essentially the same rules as the Gas Coupes and Sedans. By 1968 the Sports Cars and open bodied Street Roadsters had been absorbed into the Gas classes.