Model Cars Magazine Forum

Strange Boondocker Blazer on Ebay

I have never seen a 69 Boondocker Blazer kit before. The model looks like the diecast that I believe was red on the box.

Anyone ever seen this model kit? Could it be a 1-off box?  Very strange.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amt-Boondocker-Chevy-Blazer-Kit-T200-ALL-PUT-TOGETHER-AND-HAS-BEEN-OUT-OF-BOX-/291740451171?hash=item43ed160163:g:tusAAOSwgn5XE-IW

Part of the Johnny Lightning Classic Plastic series. There were several 1/64 die casts with miniture representations of old model car boxes. The die cast cars were done up to look something like the vehicles on the original boxes. The trouble is, this did not always work out perfectly. Note that Boonedocker Blazer. That's depicting a '69 or '70 Chevy Blazer. But the original AMT kit with that box art was a '72 Blazer. The Feathers decal package was only offered on real Brazer in 1972. But, Johnny Lightning's die cast Blazer is a '69 or '70. So they modified the box art on their miniture box to match their Blazer. It was still cool. I bought it and several others in the same series.

Most of the series represented AMT and MPC kits. There were a few JoHans also. Plus one Aurora. And even one Pyro! Fun series. Now that Round 2 has regained the rights to Johnny Lightning, it would be fun to see them do more of them.