Model Cars Magazine Forum

1975 Diamond Reo Raider

This was just a basic buildup of the reissued AMT kit, with an old AITM hood and bumper. I accessorized it a bit with a custom grille, plated 10 hole wheels from a White Freightliner Dual Drive, and the chromed deck plate. The exhaust stacks and mufflers came from a Revell snap KW, and I updated the door handles to a push button type by stealing a pair from a Revell '64 Chevy pickup. The paint is Chrysler Intense Blue Pearl. The hood binds a bit when I try to open it, so I'm leaving it alone until the clear fully cures, at which time I'll add the intake pipe and the remainder of the exhaust. Other than that, the fact that the driver's side door decal silvered on me a bit, and the annoying little BMF touchups you don't even notice until after you've photographed it, I'm fairly pleased with how it came out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The model got damaged a few months ago, so yesterday I spent a little time fixing things and doing upgrades. (Harry, if you can read this in Valhalla... I still didn't add trailer lines. :P )I I peeled off the foil from the grille and bumper because I used that nasty Ultra Bright stuff, it was all redone in the regular Improved Chrome. And now I see the headlight buckets could still use a little touch up. I also added some bumper bolts and fog lights, as well as a spot light. I also added a couple of thin vertical bars to the grille- eventually I might make the diamonds for the center. 

100_0555.thumb.JPG.fcd22f2fe41632d02f944a914a4147a4.JPG