Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Honda Jazz

Funkychiken

So this is a build of my mother's actual car, the colour is a bit off, I used a Halfords spray can, polished with nail polish blocks (i.e. not too shiny)

OK, so it's not as interesting as a Ferrari, or a muscle car, but, I do like to build these everyday sort of cars...

Enjoy!

IMG_5378.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

IMG_5375.JPG

IMG_5376.JPG

Edited by Funkychiken

Very nice and clean build! Is that one of Fujimi's kits?

A friend of mine who lives in VA has one of those (Honda Fit). We were on our way to a church event a few years ago, and he was having eyesight trouble.

I was asked to drive his car and I gotta tell ya...........that was a TORTUROUS drive as I'm over 6 ft, and my right shin was constantly digging into the console! They're just not made for tall folks and it's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of FWD as the wheels on most of them are too dang CLOSE to the front of the doors! I ended up having to drive with my legs splayed out as the seat would only go back so far.

The wheelwells intrude into the footwell area, and makes tall drivers like myself woefully uncomfortable. That was a very long drive BTW as this was from Dillwyn, VA to Cincinnati OH. I sure was glad to get out of it! 

And yes, I too wish there were more models of more "average" cars, but to get the kitmakers to make such things is like pulling teeth.

......................And I know how much that hurts! :o

Thanks for the additional remarks! Very kind.

The plates were just printed onto photopaper on an inkjet printer and hand coated with humbrol gloss.

The kit is a Tamiya, I've attached a small box cover photo...

I'm 5 foot 10, so not too tall, and it's OK to drive, however, the Continuously Variable Gearbox is a bit strange...

fit.jpg