Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Dodge Adventurer Crew Cab

Well after a looooooong break from this one I have finally got around to getting it done. I am still not happy with the roof so I will be going backwards for a while. It has been nearly 3 years since I stopped work on it. So the roof has a sink mark right across from left to right which will need sorting out before I change the colour . The green just wasn't doing it for me. I now want to do it 2 tone white and blue maybe? I still have to do the suspention as I was going to do a 4x4 but that plan went out the window. Also the Red Ram Hemi went out the same window as well. So I will be possibly be dumping a 440 in there . I have a set of the LRW rims coming from another member soon as well but I am not sure I will even use them now. 

I would like to get some Good Year Tracker A-T tires for it. I have one and I really would like a to the other 3 .

Once I figure how to up load pics again I will get some pics done

Thanks for looking in and feel free to comment 

So after 2 years of being stored the roof had sunken in the middle. Lots of sanding and it is finally flat again. I will be repainting it as well as I dont like the green and I want to do a two tone paint job. I have a set of 4 brand new tires on the way from a fellow member. So I have to get the chassis finished off after stretching it

IMG_0608.JPG

22 hours ago, 72 Charger said:

So after 2 years of being stored

Hey, I'm glad to see this one back on the bench... These projects can be quite challenging.

I took on this one myself as a favor for one of our local club members... He got it from eBay so my bench was the third one it landed on.. lol. The OB meant well but It was even more of a challenge for me to correct all of the issues.

Edited by disconovaman

15 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

Hey, I'm glad to see this one back on the bench... These projects can be quite challenging.

I took on this one myself as a favor for one of our local club members... He got it from eBay so my bench was the third one it landed on.. lol. The OB meant well but It was even more of a challenge for me to correct all of the issues.

Yeah the roof is a lot of work and to get the doors correct is a bit of a mission. How far are you along with it now ?

2 hours ago, 72 Charger said:

Man thats real nice.

Thanks... I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I'm gonna build my own, starting from scratch with a virgin kit... I'll definitely refer back to yours. The level of dedication shows in your work.

I tried to save the drip rails and the bodyline under the windows but they were sanded smooth in some places. If Trevor ever finishes it I'll post some pics... He was gonna use a diesel engine and duel wheels. I painted it as a Preditor special edition... (Like the Transformers Camaro or the Bullitt Mustang)... Here's the hood with the Preditor logo... Looking back, I think a two tone paint scheme is the way to go.

Screenshot_20200105-003907~2.png

Edited by disconovaman

Well I made a little progress . I finally got the roof straightened out and reprimed the body. I have to give it another round of wet flatting . Then its back in for paint. Im planning to do the roof and lower half in white and the rest in a light metallic blue. 

I still cant decide whether to go lifted  / stock or slammed ?

Comments welcomed

IMG_0609.JPG

10 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

image.png.0d344e487a2ef0839ba967b29ce5ee8a.png

The Monogram Ramcharger is 1/24 scale, so the wheels will be big in 1/25... which could be a good thing depending on your desires!

Thats really nice Tom I still dont know which way im going with this. But I do know I want to get the Camper back for it

• 4 weeks later...

Well a small update. I got the BMF done and I have finally settled on the height and wheels. The engine is coming on im adding HT leads and thats about it in there. I am waiting on some new rear lights to come in from a fellow member. I have painted the interior paint done in a lighter blue then a coat of matt clear . I am undecided which rear bumper to use as I have 3 to choose from. The stock or checker plate big or small. So many decisions .

let me know what you guys think

Dave

IMG_0614.JPG

56 minutes ago, 72 Charger said:

Well a small update. I got the BMF done and I have finally settled on the height and wheels. The engine is coming on im adding HT leads and thats about it in there. I am waiting on some new rear lights to come in from a fellow member. I have painted the interior paint done in a lighter blue then a coat of matt clear . I am undecided which rear bumper to use as I have 3 to choose from. The stock or checker plate big or small. So many decisions .

let me know what you guys think

Dave

IMG_0614.JPG

I finally found those taillight lenses!! You'd think out of four of the longbed kits I have, there would be more than one set! HAHAHA 

I'll get them out to you Monday.

• 2 weeks later...