Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Cadillac

stitchdup

Finished this today. It's the Imax kit with revell corvette wheels. Made up some airbags to replace the kit springs, used thread to do a mexican blanket interior, lace paint on the roof, lowered until the tyres hit the tops of the fenders and  wired the engine. The roof and glass dont fit very well on this kit, and to even get the top on the interior tub needed to be trimmed a bit on the sides and rear.

DSC02345_zpshvujukvc.jpg

DSC02341_zpsb333vdo9.jpg

DSC02344_zpswfbfoaww.jpg

DSC02335_zpsf4ntpkh6.jpg

DSC02333_zpstgyidvky.jpg

DSC02331_zpsshq0meb0.jpg

DSC02332_zps3i5uxxib.jpg

DSC02323_zpsl7y4iafk.jpg

Looks great! Great paint and interior. Did you do a WIP on this? If not, I have three questions. One, how did you do the roof? Two, how did you do the interior? And three, what did you use for chrome?

There is a WIP, but it's on another forum. The roof was laced by placing some lace on the top of it and dusting on some paint (I use spray cans so it's a little thick) the seats are sewing thread on double sided tape which was then cut to fit, and the chrome is a mix of the kit supplied bits and BMF ultrabrite