Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Buick Skylark Restoration

Porscheman

I picked this up Friday night at the Jersey Shore Club meeting swap meet. It was in decent shape and I wanted it to restore it to my standards. I painted it Testors Citrus Yellow (looks green to me) with a Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black interior, Tamiya Clear Blue tinted glass and I added a set of AMT red wall tires.

Thanks for looking.

Al

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Very nice, but you made me cry a little. I wanted one of those green Craftsman GSs for about 40 years. Finally found a fairly "workable" one I could afford on eBay, and spent about 40 hours blueprinting and tweaking and polishing the body just to get to what you started with. :wacko::(:lol:

Thanks Guys. I've looked for one of these for 40 years also and I got this one for $45.00, I think I made a good deal.

Al

That's probably about what I paid for this hot mess, including shipping. (Might have even been a little more, I don't remember exactly.)

Many, MANY hours of work later, it currently looks like this:

You started with a low-mileage, never-driven-in-the-rain cream puff! :D

Great work as always Al, I do enjoy looking at your restorations. This one seems to be one of the harder to find AMT models, I got really lucky a few weeks back and scored a really nice built up of the 66 Skylark annual kit, it was with an original MPC 67 GTO, I managed to get both for about £15 !! bargain