Model Cars Magazine Forum

What size led,s to use as markerlights?

Google rc Dave Pete 359 rc modelcarsmag.com should give you an idea of what to use and how to run the wiring. I looked for it thru the search here with no luck but came right up with google. Very impressive build that should be helpful sorry I can't just give you a link, working from a phone that refuses to do it.

blunc: thanks for that link.
For the trailer i was thinking of hiding the wires under it and close to the edge of it, that way i dont think that they will be visible at all.
For the truck i was planning on hiding them under the cab and sleeper and those to the rear lights will have to go in the frame.
The headlights and possibly aux lighting will also have to go in the frame and then up in the hood to reach the lights.

If everything turns out the way i want it the only visible wires will be those between the truck and trailer like on the real ones
Was also thinking of making those wires removable if i need to split it up for some reason.
For now i am thinking of having the roof of the sleeper removable and hide the battery and switch in there.

cowboy rich: thanks for that tip, i will look at it.

blunc: thanks for that link.
For the trailer i was thinking of hiding the wires under it and close to the edge of it, that way i dont think that they will be visible at all.
For the truck i was planning on hiding them under the cab and sleeper and those to the rear lights will have to go in the frame.
The headlights and possibly aux lighting will also have to go in the frame and then up in the hood to reach the lights.

If everything turns out the way i want it the only visible wires will be those between the truck and trailer like on the real ones
Was also thinking of making those wires removable if i need to split it up for some reason.
For now i am thinking of having the roof of the sleeper removable and hide the battery and switch in there.

cowboy rich: thanks for that tip, i will look at it.

If you feel like trying the smaller SMD (surface mount) LEDs, you can use much smaller wire that is much easier to hide in edges and corners. The hardest part would be soldering the wire to the SMD LEDs and keeping track of polarity.

I have occasionally considered truck projects which would include lighting but I have too many car ideas to execute before I get to my truck concept ideas.

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried the fiber optic as lighting especially in the cab or on a trailer?? Leaning toward the SMD LEDs looks like they would be easier to position. The fiber optic doesn't look like it is too flexible. Any thoughts??