Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does Squadron know something we don't?

While breezing through todays online sale flyer from Squadron I spotted the Revell model A Roadster kit on special for $21.99  and listed as "in stock soon" kit RM4322. 

Does Squadron know something we don't, or being more a military type sales outlet have they just not got the word about the mold tooling disaster yet?

Old news. Look up the thread on the model A. Tooling has been fixed and both coupe and roadster back soon  with new part numbers.

This is actually new news. What is being pointed out is Squadron is now listing them for sale again. So maybe the new kits hit the shelves sooner rather than later.

This is actually new news. What is being pointed out is Squadron is now listing them for sale again. So maybe the new kits hit the shelves sooner rather than later.

Squadron's been known to advertise stuff "in stock soon" when they were months from having it. At least they would do this back in the old days, when I was buying from them almost monthly.

Old news. Look up the thread on the model A. Tooling has been fixed and both coupe and roadster back soon  with new part numbers.

^This. The kit number of 85-4322 is the giveaway that is the 2015 kit number for the '29 Model A roadster kit, not the re-released version.

^This. The kit number of 85-4322 is the giveaway that is the 2015 kit number for the '29 Model A roadster kit, not the re-released version.

that's kinda what I was thinking, but my kit got put to the bottom of the stack until I can get around to replacing the missing half of the engine block. So I couldn't check my kit number.

Maybe the roadster was chosen to be brought back first.  That would be strange, since around here the roadster kit was always available even when the rumors were flying. 

There were just more "NoS" ones of those floating around.  When the tooling was damaged it prevented Revell from making either kit.