Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 961 Le Mans '89

PatW

photo-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

photo4-th.jpg

Just a Snap Kit and has full cockpit,seat, roll cage,full dashboard and decals for all gauges, steering wheel and seat belts. Oh and an interesting addition all widow detail decals on the inside!

Consider two Le Mans cars 1989 and 2013............

photo5-th.jpg

photo6-th.jpg

Edited by PatW

Thanks Gary. Yes although I have a stock of tyre decals, I had not seen this one with double decals on each tyre. I couldn't get the Tamiya ones to work as they are the reverse type. But mine are the yellow Dunlop ones so I tried out and it looks great! 

The McLaren tyre decals are the make on one edge and the tyre info on the opposite edge, also interesting. I also use the tyre logo's on road cars/vans/trucks/beach buggies etc to add a bit more interest. 

Thanks guys. I had another a couple of years ago and built it into this.....It was taking so long to get a set of more comprehensive decals..........

photo4-th.jpg

I used a camo set and cut up some carbon fibre decal as well!

Thanks Gary. Yes although I have a stock of tyre decals, I had not seen this one with double decals on each tyre. I couldn't get the Tamiya ones to work as they are the reverse type. But mine are the yellow Dunlop ones so I tried out and it looks great! 

The McLaren tyre decals are the make on one edge and the tyre info on the opposite edge, also interesting. I also use the tyre logo's on road cars/vans/trucks/beach buggies etc to add a bit more interest. 

This is a great looking model! I have a soft spot for Le Mans cars as I go to the race every year :) 

Would you mind telling me where you got the tyre logos? I've been looking for something similar for one of my builds but can't find anything! 

Thanks guys. yes the tyre decals are just a 1/24th scale aftermarket set bought from either GrandPrix Models at Banbury or Hiroboy out of Cheltenham. I think the manufacturer might be Mr Model, Virage, Hobby Design, Pit Wall, Blue Stuff or Colorado.