Model Cars Magazine Forum

K&R Kustoms+Rods 33/36 Coupe -update Halloween

New to the forum, actually, Ive lurked for a few years, but decided to join since I have a 40 coupe Im building kind of similar. Back in 93, I saw  Scott Colmers version of a fenderless 40 coupe drag car and fell head over heels in love with it...in Fact, I cut the photo out of the magazine and kept it safe..My 13 year old self said some day Id build it...Well, now Im almost 38, a few years ago I tracked down Scott and he modified one of his resin bodies for me and sent it on its way so I can scale the real car off of it. There will be some changes to the rear section of the body because I want to tuck the quarter, but other than that, it will be much like Scott designed it over 30 years ago. I worked at Rolling Bones from 05 to 07, and when we tucked the tail on Poteets 34, it transformed the car.

a photo Scott sent me while he was doing my body

IMG_1926.JPG

Edited by chris chabre

This looks great Rodney.  I think the thing I like the most is that it is neither a 33 or a 36.  It's a happy blend of both. No one model overpowers the others.  That is quite a skill you have to make this thing look so balanced. The grille is growing on me so I will wait to see the finished article.

Thanks for your kind words, Alan. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with the grille shell yet, still cogitating on a few options... -RRR

How about a MCG photo etched '36 grille bent to match the radius of your custom grille shell rather than shaped to fit a standard '36 shell? MCG's LaSalle grille would look good formed to fit as well.