Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nonsense.

Jon Cole

You are coming dangerously close to infringing on my trademark character, Grumpy Old Modeler. B):lol:

"In my day, we had wire axles that ran right through the engine block, and WE LIKED IT!"

Edited by Snake45

This one made me smile. I don't mind Foose or anyone else too much, but in my opinion Sam was the man. His work was so custom, it didn't look custom, just gorgeous. This '50 Buick really trips my trigger.

Image result for sam barris custom carRelated image

Like that!

This one made me smile. I don't mind Foose or anyone else too much, but in my opinion Sam was the man. His work was so custom, it didn't look custom, just gorgeous. This '50 Buick really trips my trigger.

???? Not enough O's in SMOOOOOOTH. Love it.

Yeah, the major talent in the Barris family was definitely Sam. A lot of customs are just different for the sake of being different, but they rarely are more beautiful than the cars they started with.

Sam usually got it right...very very right. If that Buick roadcrusher had a forward-raked B-pillar, I'd give it 100 out of 100.

Foose is also capable of making major mods to an existing vehicle, and making it look better than the original, while keeping the basic design intact.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Different strokes for different folks. That Barris custom above doesn't do a thing for me, except perhaps its color. I will say that it's one of the better looking things of this kind that I've seen. Many/most "customs" of this era make me shudder with their ugliness. This one doesn't.

That's on the St Louis riverfront. I'd recognize those cobblestones anywhere. Not to mention the Gateway Arch in the background.

G

Finally! A contemporary concept car without "those wheels" that some of you don't like!

Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Electric (2017)[10] w VINTAGE WHEELS.JPG

I don't like those wheels either. They look like they belong on a Conestoga wagon rolling across the plains. Or a stagecoach.

And what's up with the beigewall tires?

Finally! A contemporary concept car without "those wheels" that some of you don't like!

Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Electric (2017)[10] w VINTAGE WHEELS.JPG

I don't like those wheels either. They look like they belong on a Conestoga wagon rolling across the plains. Or a stagecoach.

And what's up with the beigewall tires?

actually, those wheels belong on a '27 Buick.   ;)

great for gas mileage since stomping on the go-pedal will most likely break the wheels or reduce the tread to explosive decompression.