Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Corvette Jump Start with More Pictures

Gramps46

Thanks for the comments guys. This model was loosely based upon the early version of Tero Corvette seen here at Road America.

The model was found at a Toledo Toy Fair back in the good old days and had a heavy coat of paint and a broken windshield and not much else.  Most of the parts came from the parts box.

For those who requested more photos:

Corvette_1967_#17_Road America_Morrison_1280.jpg

012.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

As far as I remember the hood came with the body.  I think that is what caught my eye in the first place.  In searching my Corvette parts box I do have 2 more hoods.  One of these could be available to a resin caster if interested.

017.JPG

I would be interested in popping a mold off of one of your spare hoods. It looks like the AMT hood to me; as does your yellow Vette. Am I correct here? You can PM me or e-mail me at lowcab36@epix.net.

I dig your roadster by the way! Ed

I'm bumping this because IMHO this lovely build didn't get nearly enough love (comments). I think a lot of people didn't see any pics after the very first one posted. Gramps, why don't you add "New Pics Added" to the thread title? I'll bet you'll get a lot more views and more great comments.

Oh, VERY cool, even if that's not a factory '66 color. I've got several '65 and '66 AMT roadsters to restore. One will be a road racer like yours, two will be customs (mild and wild), and at least two will be factory stockers.

And one will be a "switcher"--factory hood and stock engine and chassis, and then a second hood and engine/chassis will convert it to a 6-71 blown street freak/street racer.