Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hurricane Irma

Jantrix

I remembered today that the fridge in the shop hasn't had power since Sunday. I store BMF in the fridge.  Luckily the defrosted water didn't damage the shopping bag.  I was able score a large ziplock bag from Marcia.  Should be OK now.

Just heard thunder. Lightening/rain will so down power restoration.

I remembered today that the fridge in the shop hasn't had power since Sunday. I store BMF in the fridge.  Luckily the defrosted water didn't damage the shopping bag.  I was able score a large ziplock bag from Marcia.  Should be OK now.

Just heard thunder. Lightening/rain will so down power restoration.

So, Jim-

What's the advantage to storing BMF in the fridge? I need all the help I can get with that stuff!!! -RRR

The storm was a total non-event at my house. 15-20 MPH winds, some 35 gusts. Lotsa prolonged light-to-moderate rain, a few creeks kinda high. And one of the universally reviled ISPs had some outages. That's about it, far as I know. There must have been some locally more severe weather pockets, as there were some downed trees and power outages in the metro and suburban areas, but here....a big nothing. Of course, if you listen to the media, it's a disaster area as far as the eye can see.

But maybe I should get those dead trees taken down, or at least topped off, before the blizzard season hits.  ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Well things were interesting in Jax , 90 mph winds and 200 billion gallons of water , according to the news casters . Power went out Monday morning around 2 , it woke me up , the transformers were going off like popcorn . were without power til Wed morning , 3:30 , had the generator running , so no big deal , except that it blew a transformer in my ac , had that fixed yesterday and now we're up and running again . Lost a few tree limbs and a couple of fence panels . Cleaned up , cut the grass and all is well .

We went out to Chili's for dinner last night which gave us the opportunity to have air conditioning.  After dinner we went o Wal-Mart to pick up a few items for Sunday breakfast.  More AC..Filled up a 5 gallon jug with gas.  Get home and am topping off the generator for another nights run, and the power comes on!!  YEAH!!

I'll be spending some time putting away the generator, extension cords, cutting the grass, cleaning the pool, and hopefully get some shop time. I've been in withdrawal for a week.