Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's has big car kit sale - see attached ad.

The one in Jessup, MD didn't have a lot besides the Lindberg kits. There was an amt 63 Vette, some 53 Vettes,  23 T Vans, Jawbreakers, dune buggies and a few Porsche Boxster and PT Cruisers. Most of those are near the front door kind of hidden. The Lindbergs are in the back.

Mine actually had some of the Good Stuff, for a change. Got two '63 Vettes, two TV buggies (who knows when we'll ever see those again), and a Fruit Wagon T, always a parts mine. Forgot to get a Jawbreaker! Oh well, gives me an excuse to go back next week. Maybe they'll have the Piranhas then.

I already had a Fruit Wagon and had no recollection of it having so many parts in it. That was the only reason I immediately grabbed another one!

I made my way to the final Ollie's in my area and I was glad that I did. It was the only one that had the Cosmic Charger so I got one... as well as a third Fruit Wagon. Now I can do a third variant! It's interesting how none of them had all the same kits. I guess I'm lucky to have 4 within 20 miles of me.

When I went to the Toledo store Thursday they had Fruit Wagon, 53 and 63 Vettes, Tee dune buggy, C cab T and the Jaw Breaker. I went back Friday to only Dune Buggy's. I was wanting another Fruit Wagon. should have grabbed 3  or 4 when I was there Thursday. Monroe MI Store ( which looked like a store after black Friday) did not have much but they had the x wing kits left. 

Dunbar had Depot Hack, Fruit wagon, 1/32 Chevy monster truck, Cosmic Charger,2013 Camaro, Jaw Breaker Revell 1/29 X-Wing. A few old police cars and a stack 5 foot tall of civil war cannons!!!! I bought the last two fruit wagons and a few others. May check one more store Wed.

The one in Jessup, MD didn't have a lot besides the Lindberg kits. There was an amt 63 Vette, some 53 Vettes,  23 T Vans, Jawbreakers, dune buggies and a few Porsche Boxster and PT Cruisers. Most of those are near the front door kind of hidden. The Lindbergs are in the back.

Hmmm. I went there today, and didn't see anything up front. The stuff in the back was of no interest to me. So I took a side trip to Hobby Lobby.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

As I said, they were kind of hidden. They were on the right aisle going to the rear of the store near the Star Wars kits, in just one of the cement block shelves. There weren't more than 20 or so total when I was there. There certainly wasn't the huge display that couldn't be missed as it was in the past. The other possibility is that they were all sold.

Got a new Ollie's flyer this morning.  No kits mentioned, but they have a load of Rust-O-Leum spray paint for $2.99 a can.

I probably won't be buying any. I've had problems with Rust-O-Leum, as described in this 2014 thread on a model-train board:

http://www.trainboard.com/highball/index.php?threads/bizzare-problem-with-rustoleum-spray-cans.77196/

When I went to the Toledo store Thursday they had Fruit Wagon, 53 and 63 Vettes, Tee dune buggy, C cab T and the Jaw Breaker. I went back Friday to only Dune Buggy's. I was wanting another Fruit Wagon. should have grabbed 3  or 4 when I was there Thursday. Monroe MI Store ( which looked like a store after black Friday) did not have much but they had the x wing kits left. 

I think the Fruit Wagon is just incredibly desirable. I went back to the Florence, KY Ollie's for the Tee Vee Dune Buggy and Piranha Spy Car and they were cleaned out on Fruit Wagons and the '23 T Delivery Truck. If you do come across more, get as many as you want while you can! My understanding is that some Ollie's still have kits in boxes in the back, so you may just have to wait for them to restock.

My understanding is that some Ollie's still have kits in boxes in the back, so you may just have to wait for them to restock.

I asked about that at Ollie's just last week.  The employee said they have pallets of boxes marked "Toys," stacked all the way to the ceiling in their stockroom.  Getting ready for Christmas.  She thought some of those boxes were scale models, but wasn't sure.  I offered to help inventory their stockroom, voluntarily and free of charge.  She didn't fall for it.:-)

Second trip to mine. They still had several Jawbreakers (which I needed another one of), couple '53 Vettes, big stack of cop cars, big stack of Tee Vee dune buggies, big stack of the stock-only T vans. No more '63 Vettes or Fruit Wagons (which I'd decided to grab at least one more of). Oh well.