Model Cars Magazine Forum

1951 Chevy custom

59 Impala

I'm starting another custom build  This was a convertible and I'm using the top and interior from the Foose Cadillac and installing 56 Packard tail lights on it.  There is a whole lot of work to be done on this one fer sure.  This thing sure is Blue.  LOL.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

IMG_4446.JPG

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

Dr. Kerry, I got them from Replicas and Miniatures Company of Maryland.  They are excellent tail lights.  I've used them on two 53 Fords and a 49 Merc.  Now this is the first Chevy.  I also plan to use them on a 56 Chevy in the future.  And thanks fer the comment.  Dan

Dr. Kerry, I got them from Replicas and Miniatures Company of Maryland.  They are excellent tail lights.  I've used them on two 53 Fords and a 49 Merc.  Now this is the first Chevy.  I also plan to use them on a 56 Chevy in the future.  And thanks fer the comment.  Dan

Thank ya for the info Dan!!!!!!!! Will be watching this come together!!!!!!!

I got a little done today.  I had to redo the left fender cause it was lookin out to the left at the top.  LOL.  The plastic extensions didn't work either, so I used Apoxie Sculpt to fill in the fenders.  Now I have to wait another day to reshape the left fender.  I might install a continental kit out back also.  Not sure yet.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

P.S.  Look at the mess I'm making on the bench.  Ha ha

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

Edited by 59 Impala

• 2 weeks later...

A small update on this build.  Not much work done, but the work that is done you don't see anyway.  I kinda lowered the rear by heating it and bending the springs to get it lower.  The skirts are from the 61 Chevy truck and the hubcaps are from the 60 Pontiac.  I wanted to see how this will set and I would like the rear to set a little lower but I don't want to bend the springs any more than what it is now.  I will paint the white walls later.

IMG_4457.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

Edited by 59 Impala

A small update on the 51.  I lowered the rear another 1/8th of and inch.  That's 3 inches in scale.  The tires hit the upper inner fenders now and that's the way it will set.  I also made an engine hoist out of plastic stock.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4465.JPG

• 1 month later...

I finally got some more work done on this car.  There is a lot of work that needs to be done fer sure.  I posed it along side a stock one to compare the two  on how much it is lower than the stock 51.  I'm satisfied with the stance and now will concentrate on finishing the body work.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

• 2 months later...

WOW,it's been quite awhile since I posted anything on this.  Well, I got a little more done tonight.  I sprayed more gray on it and did some more body work.  Sprayed more gray and now it's drying.  I think it's ready for the color next.  Not sure.  We'll see after I sand again.  Thanks fer lookin.

Dan

IMG_4765.JPG

IMG_4770.JPG