Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model A Coupe (Quick build gone wrong)- All Done, just took a bit longer than planned

Taxdude

6 hours ago, gasser59 said:

A unique piece of art that I am honored to have contributed to. Really anticipating the results of the photo shoot. Very nicely done Fred.

I have to say that your suggestion and execution of the seat blanket was very important to the look.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Looking forward to seeing your photo spread Fred.

I went back to this from the beginning where it started almost exactly one year ago. It was great to see the model progress, many hints and tricks in here.

But I don't see where you got the QC rear end from. Could you share?

The QC is from RMCoM.  Then I fabricated the mounts,  transverse spring and shock mounts.

Well, a year and 2 days is pretty much a quick build for me.  As always I couldn't leave things alone and changing that, meant changing this.  Which in turn cause other items to be changed, upgraded and improved.  But like all projects, I had a lot of fun this one.  Next up is finishing my 57 Ford Country Sedan 4 door wagon and midget racer.....or the BMW Z4 GT...or...well check back in a year or so.

IMG_8053.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

IMG_8050.JPG

IMG_8058.JPG

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8079.JPG

IMG_8083.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

• Taxdude changed the title to Model A Coupe (Quick build gone wrong)- All Done, just took a bit longer than planned
12 hours ago, Taxdude said:

Many thanks. 

I need to figure out how to move the post

One doesn't 'move' the post, one creates a new one with a link to this build post. Love this clean, crisp build of yours Fred. I'll check back in a year but sure hope it doesn't take that long for whichever you decide.