Model Cars Magazine Forum

Englese induction setup - small block ford?

Anyone know if there is or was this intake / injection setup was ever produced in scale ?

I would be interested in one for either a vintage  small block Ford and/or Coyote motor as well .

I wouldn't rule out one for either a Boss 429 or SOHC engine either. I'm going for WOW factory underhood

image.png.98df6dc4d0388e34af5ca59a55ae5b51.png

image.png.831d74ae57934149690d7fe5b25e4bf9.png

It's Inglese.   http://ingleseinductionsystems.com/

The EFI setups haven't been offered in model form (far as I know at the moment) but the multiple Weber manifold for a smallblock Ford HAS been offered.

For manifolds for the rest of the Ford engines (other than the FE, which has also been offered) you're probably going to have to scratchbash.

The Weber-look EFI setups like Inglese and Imagine bolt to the same footprint as Weber carbs.

Some hack-n-scratch starting with scale downdraft Webers will get you the rest of the way to Weber-look EFI.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

9 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

It's Inglese.   http://ingleseinductionsystems.com/

The EFI setups haven't been offered in model form (far as I know at the moment) but the multiple Weber manifold for a smallblock Ford HAS been offered.

For manifolds for the rest of the Ford engines (other than the FE, which has also been offered) you're probably going to have to scratchbash.

The Weber-look EFI setups like Inglese and Imagine bolt to the same footprint as Weber carbs.

Some hack-n-scratch starting with scale downdraft Webers will get you the rest of the way to Weber-look EFI.

Yes, As soon as I hit submit I knew I spelled it wrong.

But I was hoping something was avail . ( Im afraid if I get so far as to scratch build something I'll lose interest quickly )

This would prefer to either buy a kit or parts needed.  Im not 100% committed to this EXACT intake setup. Just different

11 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

But I was hoping something was avail . ( Im afraid if I get so far as to scratch build something I'll lose interest quickly )

This would prefer to either buy a kit or parts needed.  Im not 100% committed to this EXACT intake setup. Just different

The 4-downdraft Webers were popular on both big-block and smallblock-powered Cobras.

For some strange reason, I don't have any Cobra kits in stock, but the bits are out there.

At least that's a place to start. And Webers STILL work great on real cars. They make as much power as EFI, but need more frequent tuning.

EDIT: Also check Historic Racing Miniatures and Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland. They've both had something in the Weber line...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The original AMT '67-'69 Cougars had canted, "cross ram" Webers with curved ram tubes on a 390 (is that an FE engine? I'm not much of a Ford guy, sorry). That setup (or original engine) doesn't seem to have survived into any of the reissues of the '69, except possibly the Countdown issue, which I'm not familiar with. I could swear I've seen something like that on another kit Ford engine, too, but can't place what it is.