Model Cars Magazine Forum

3D print '30 Ford coupe under development!

Thought I should post something regarding the '30 coupe 3D model I have been working on. Back in 2010-11 I modeled a '30 as a modification ("mod") for the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. It was a lot of fun, but after a while I realized the model was sitting around on my hard drive, effectively abandoned. I dragged it back out to try and convert it for 3D printing, after noticing that apparently the large-scale market lacks a '30 coupe option. During that process I discovered lots of things that needed tweaking. My skills are limited, but I've done my best to get 'er fixed up.

The body is currently up on Shapeways in 1/8 and 1/16.  My pockets aren't deep enough to order one myself, but maybe someone else will take the plunge.

Comments and feedback are welcome :)

AcoupeV4_Feb21-vi.jpg

1 hour ago, RAT-T said:

THE BODY LOOKS GREAT CHRIS.

I SEE YOU HAVE A FEW PARTS FOR THE OLDS IN 1/16, WOULD YOU HAVE A BLOCK & HEADS AS WELL?

Thanks Tom, unfortunately I don't yet offer an Olds block and heads, but I'm workin' on it! The Olds parts were originally meant to be 1/25 only, but I had a request for 1/16 scale--I think the guy who asked for them was planning to modify a Chevy block.

13 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Thanks Tom, unfortunately I don't yet offer an Olds block and heads, but I'm workin' on it! The Olds parts were originally meant to be 1/25 only, but I had a request for 1/16 scale--I think the guy who asked for them was planning to modify a Chevy block.

THANKS CHRIS, I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THAT MOTOR. IF YOU NEED ANY DIMS, I HAVE QUITE A FEW FOR IT.

ALSO, A 32 CHASSIS IN 1/16 WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION FOR THAT COUPE BODY.

ARE THOSE KELSEY HAYES ARTILLERY WHEELS ALSO KNOWN AS DIVCO OR MILK TRUCK WHEELS?

1107sr-02-z-1932-ford-deluxe-v8-phaeton-.JPG.jpg.fe8db745f3e3f2491b0bf393ec3a963f.jpg

• 3 years later...